trying to build my own computer opinions plz

thx maxim i think i am just gonna put nut hugger behind AMD i can't stand Intel my computer is slightly newer than my mom's dell and my grandma's laptop which my cousin gave to her and that was top of the line at the time and my gateway AMD 64 athlon x2 beats both of them hands down and it is 7 years old

ps ppl quit trying as you can see you have made me a AMD nut hugger quit with the Intel crap

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

thx maxim i think i am just gonna put nut hugger behind AMD i can't stand Intel my computer is slightly newer than my mom's dell and my grandma's laptop which my cousin gave to her and that was top of the line at the time and my gateway AMD 64 athlon x2 beats both of them hands down and it is 7 years old

ps ppl quit trying as you can see you have made me a AMD nut hugger quit with the Intel crap

Don't worry about being a nut hugger or anything. I recommend AMD stuff quite often depending on people's needs. If you were building a $1500 machine with 2 graphics cards and had an AMD chip in there I'd probably say something but for a mid-range build (or really any computer with one graphics card) there's no noticeable difference between AMD and Intel chips other than one or 2 frames per second in a handful of games. Tons of websites put out graphs and statistics but if you break it down it's such a minor difference.

Get some pictures up when you start building this thing! I wanna see it in action!

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Can I just ask why you are going with a hex-core?

You will never utilize all six cores, so why even get one?

That's true. I still don't use all four cores in my 9550. Six is overkill but then again for the price it doesn't really hurt to have six and its more for his money.

I don't mean to threadjack but I have a question since you guys seem to know about computers and games. I don't game on my pc much anymore but I know that on windows machines you can set the processor affinity. Now if you set affinity for the game you are playing to use all cores would you be able to utilize all six cores of a six core processor in a game. This is something that I don't recall learning about in school and have never looked into until now.

I don't mean to threadjack but I have a question since you guys seem to know about computers and games. I don't game on my pc much anymore but I know that on windows machines you can set the processor affinity. Now if you set affinity for the game you are playing to use all cores would you be able to utilize all six cores of a six core processor in a game. This is something that I don't recall learning about in school and have never looked into until now.

Depends on the game. Most games will only ever use two cores. You can set the affinity for many games to see 4 or 6 cores but they'll only ever use two at any given time. Just a limitation put in place by developers. It's sometimes put there to ensure compatability with aging systems but it's usually just because modern CPU's are more than enough for games to dish out. Most of today's games are GPU-bound, they use the processor to do some physics and other calculations and use the graphics card for everything else. A strong graphics card is worth it's weight in gold over an expensive processor 90% of the time. This is exactly why I suggested the quad-core chips and the 6800-series cards.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

Don't worry about being a nut hugger or anything. I recommend AMD stuff quite often depending on people's needs. If you were building a $1500 machine with 2 graphics cards and had an AMD chip in there I'd probably say something but for a mid-range build (or really any computer with one graphics card) there's no noticeable difference between AMD and Intel chips other than one or 2 frames per second in a handful of games. Tons of websites put out graphs and statistics but if you break it down it's such a minor difference.

Get some pictures up when you start building this thing! I wanna see it in action!

k i will probably have bad lighting though stupid phone isn't good for that but when i have good lighting it does great

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

i was finding some benchmarks the 8120 and 8150 i think thats the model numbers, it is used mainly 6 of the 8 processors with rendering far cry 2 on the highest setting

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
2 x-15 sundowns

a little bit of miss info in this thread but i believe maxim cleared it up. I just suggest not skimping on psu. take your time and don't be in a rush. And for the guy who said they seen to many water leaks in there liquid cooling 7000 dollar computers then i say they deserved it for not taking there time and doing it correctly.

i was finding some benchmarks the 8120 and 8150 i think thats the model numbers, it is used mainly 6 of the 8 processors with rendering far cry 2 on the highest setting

http://hardocp.com/a...ore_i7_gaming/2

[H]ardOPC does a great rundown of 3 CPU's in Farcry 2. The 4-core i7 965 Extreme, the Core 2 Quad QX9770, and the Core 2 Duo E8500 on a GTX 280 with a whole slew of resolutions tested. The GTX 280 is nearly identical to the Radeon HD 6770 in performance (it's actually a little faster in most games). The final verdict? At any resolution over 1600x900 with AA enabled the 3 processors perform within 2-7 FPS of eachother. Multi-core threading is happening but unless you've got some real high-end graphics hardware you're still limited by what your graphics cards can render at HD resolutions.

The verdict? 4 cores in enough. Buy the biggest, baddest graphics card you can afford and get a good 20"+ monitor to play your games in HD.

wtf is lolcats?

Archived