using two different wiring gauges to wire subs?

Ok so basically I ran outta 8 gauge kicker speaker wire and wanted to know if this would be fine? Coils are in parallel with the 8 gauge and then the wire connecting the subs in parallel is the 12gauge but I twisted both sides together in the terminal on both side. I measured the final impedance with it wired like this and got 1.7ohms

Also would it be ok to wire the lead that goes to the amp like I have in the picture (spliced into the center of the wire that connects the subs vs the terminal on one sub)?

40bc0f4e.jpg

675edef1.jpg

Edited by BEEMDUB

I wouldnt mix and match sizes for subs, but thats me. There not some cheap subs you got there so I would try to find/use all the same gauge.

Btw just be careful having those sub magnets so close to your computer equipment, dont wanna erase your hard drive's!

Click here to visit my UBL!

My feedback thread.

I wouldnt mix and match sizes for subs, but thats me. There not some cheap subs you got there so I would try to find/use all the same gauge.

Btw just be careful having those sub magnets so close to your computer equipment, dont wanna erase your hard drive's!

Yea I hope to get some more wire ASAP when I can scrape up a couple extra bucks and yea I know I was thinking about that after I put em up there lol they weren't close to my pc tho..

I have 8ga from my amp to my terminals on my box on the outside, on the inside i have 10ga coming off the terminals to the subs. As long as you use terminals you will alright, i would go twisting those bastards together haha. Btw your pictures kicked the shit out of ms paint lol

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

12-3 is 9.

if both + and - of the speaker wire is being used for each terminal then i dont think there is a big difference.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

What's wrong with just using 12g for it all? And it doesn't really matter for you application.

Well I was thinking about using the 12g but its used and 3 years old I figured some new 8g would b better

I have 8ga from my amp to my terminals on my box on the outside, on the inside i have 10ga coming off the terminals to the subs. As long as you use terminals you will alright, i would go twisting those bastards together haha. Btw your pictures kicked the shit out of ms paint lol

Haha yea I know .. I plan on just drilling a hole through the box and running the wires through and then sealin the hole