Duck's Walled Accord - 3/4/14 Nothing to see here, move along, move along

Very thoughtful bro.

Also, (know one knows this, but, in a month, im at 12 months smoke free, please dont start, and that is your momma talk for the day) your doing a great great job. Make it work, is the definition of this build. Get outta this mans way, its happening. !!!!! love it !!

(and dude,.. please, stop. And, i know, anyone telling me, made me buy another pack, but..... just saying)

I know I know. lol I'll quit smoking, but you know how it is, I have to do it when i want to do it, or it wont work.

Not much progress today. :(

I tried to fix my crappy cuts on my bezel and failed. So i made a new one. Took a different approach this time. So that took a large part of my day.

I did get the bezel for around the head unit cut, and everything is in primer now. So hopefully next week i can finish off the rest of the dash and get back to the box and center console.

If crescendo ever ships my mids i can start on the doors and "A" pillars.

And some pics.

This is my failed attempt at fixing the old bezel with wood filler. I think it was just dried out.

006-1_zpsac7ce4ba.jpg

So i made a new one out of 1/2" mdf and routered a recses out for the screen.

007-2_zps8bbc2b22.jpg

Here is the shot of the bezel for the headuint. I had to use my orbital sander to put that angle on the bottom. I don't trust my table saw or circular saw to attempt it on such a small piece

008_zpsfbeefe46.jpg

009-1_zpscde5f9dd.jpg

Got my part express stuff in too. 2 relays, 100ft of red and 100ft of black 14ga, 50 14ga spade connectors, 2 barrier strips, Couple of switches and some new wire strippers.

002-1_zps1d483122.jpg

003-3_zpsae6eb37f.jpg

I worked all weekend, changed the timing belt on my car monday, so today is the first chance I've had to do anything. So today, I laid down some body filler, did a shit load of sanding, more filler, more sandng, priming, painting and one other thing. Of course my wife is working on the house so I had to stop every once in a while and help her. I'm talking about building windows here. Our are rotting from weather.

Anyway, on with the pics!

005-1_zps3df0c1ad.jpg

006-1_zps3bb995b2.jpg

007-2_zps3958a5ba.jpg

008_zps8ffa68bc.jpg

009-1_zps6bd64eed.jpg

I could not for the life of me get that one spot smooth, and of course the camera makes everything look worse. It is what it is. lol

010_zpsa7643505.jpg

014-1_zps6e8a71a6.jpg

015-1_zpsa056dcf5.jpg

016-1_zps3b6a48c8.jpg

are you gonna wrap it with something ? or all painted?

I am just going to paint. I thought about wrapping the top in vinyl. But i don't know how to begin with those vents. I may break down and have someone wrap it for me. Of course vinyl is expensive and i would like to finish this thing sometime this year.

Archived