What if there is NO distortion?......I have a question?

I have used my new DD-1 on several amps since its arrival Saturday but I have a question....The distortion light NEVER came on with the last amp I tried to setup with it.. I done the head unit test first and it distorted at 25 so we set the deck to 24 and started adjusting amp.....I was able to turn the bass boost and gain all the way up....The distortion light never came on.....I tried it several times with same result.....I even took the DD-1 back over to my demo car and tested it again and the light worked like it should......Could it be possible for an amp to go FULL TILT without distortion?

Ok.....thanks guys........maybe it was a grounding issue but like I said it was hooked up to the amp when we done the test on the deck and the light came on right about 25......I will have him bring car by and try it again......I know the DD-1 is good cause it works fine in the demo car........I used track #1 to setup deck and track #7 to setup amp which is the one the manual says use for a louder system...This is the exact same way I set up my amps....I'll just have to try it on his again next time he is around.......