JL 6 1/2's not loud enough

I bought a truck not to long ago that had 4 JL's in it (don't remember the exact model, but nothing to big..like $150 a pair from sonicelectronix). The problem is that they actually have really good freq. response, they "hit" so low that they distort at fairly low volumes and the highs and mids cant keep up with my subs and defiantly not the subs i'm going to be getting. I don't need them to be hitting 40Hz to 80Hz if my subs are too right?

So i'm thinking to fix this I will put them on a 4 channel and either crank up the subsonic filter (it would need to go to maybe around 80hz, anybody know a good 4 channel that has one that high?)

or

Anybody know a good 4 channel with a HPF that goes down to around 80hz?

Edited by c.director

Probably no more than $250, but looking now I do see most of the good brands can high pass at 80hz..

Shows what gets used around here! I swear the motto is overpay for cheap equipment. Trying to change that haha

Edited by c.director

Not loud, because you don't an amplifier running to them

I don't think they can handle much more power, they aftermarket deck will distort them long before it reaches its distortion point.

Had the same sort of problem a while back, if your powering them with the HU you need a HPF (high pass filter) Check your HU settings to see if it has one built in? More power would help alot also.

Edited by Amart88