Second Skin Audio

Box Help

Jonesy33

It's 5.44" at 14" height, and yes if was 1.04 gross volume the design would be faulty, I don't think a flared type port will fit, maybe in the bottom, I would just get PVC pipe and sand the inner edges a bit also see if you can do some low displacement bracing mainly front to back.

Sorry got my gross and net mixed up. How would I make the PVC flush with the MDF and make it stay there?

I can't believe that a single 4" aero is enough port area. The L-port design has GREAT port per cubic foot. I'm not too sure if that aero design has enough to let that sub breathe.

Calculate port area per cube and it gives 12.5, the range for aero ports is 9 - 13. But the reason I looked into it was making sure the sub fits the box, you can have a good spec but if the sub doesn't fit...

• 2 weeks later...

Final product.

Thanks CleanSierra and Joe X

bedff5d7.jpg

136ae05e.jpg

04ffe699.jpg

Yayyyy, looks good. Took 2 rings to get the depth right huh? What did tuning end up being on it. Get some power on that thing and get a vid of it in action :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I was going to do 3 rings and make it flush with the 3rd but I didn't think I could do it right an I don't want it looking like crap. So I stopped with 2. Tuning should be around 36 Hz. Hoping to get everything hooked up tomorrow.

Archived