Projectors have better light output than reflector types, because they use HID bulbs. Using HID bulbs in reflector housings will generate more output, (because the bulb is brighter) but WILL BLIND OTHER DRIVERS ON THE ROAD. This is dangerous for other drivers, and will result in people flashing their high beams at you because they can't see.

this can be helped by aiming the housings down

It can be PREVENTED by using the correct housing.

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

meh on the 4300K

i have some 5000K 55w that I am going to use. should be perfect white

thanks for the info fellas i feel better about spending money again

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

meh on the 4300K

i have some 5000K 55w that I am going to use. should be perfect white

thanks for the info fellas i feel better about spending money again

You can hate on the 4300k all you want, but you can't argue with science. The fact of the matter is this: the human eye sees best in daylight. Daylight is 4300k. Anything else sacrifices your ability to see. Granted, 5000k is probably close enough, but for the BEST visibility, you want to be at 4300k in a projector housing. :good: I have 5000k in mine, simply because I bought mine used. :)

Projectors focus the light better. But stock housings allow you to see farther, imo

because stock housings with hid's don't have a cutoff and just scatter the light all over.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Projectors focus the light better. But stock housings allow you to see farther, imo

Unfortunately, your opinion is wrong, and here's why:

http://www.danielste...onversions.html

The most dangerous part of the attempt to "retrofit" Xenon headlamps is that sometimes you get a deceptive and illusory "improvement" in the performance of the headlamp. The performance of the headlamp is perceived to be "better" because of the much higher level of foreground lighting (on the road immediately in front of the car). However, the beam patterns produced by this kind of "conversion" virtually always give less distance light, and often an alarming lack of light where there's meant to be a relative maximum in light intensity. The result is the illusion that you can see better than you actually can, and that's not safe.

It's tricky to judge headlamp beam performance without a lot of knowledge, a lot of training and a lot of special equipment, because subjective perceptions are very misleading. Having a lot of strong light in the foreground, that is on the road close to the car and out to the sides, is very comforting and reliably produces a strong impression of "good headlights". The problem is that not only is foreground lighting of decidedly secondary importance when travelling much above 30 mph, but having a very strong pool of light close to the car causes your pupils to close down, worsening your distance vision...all the while giving you this false sense of security. This is to say nothing of the massive amounts of glare to other road users and backdazzle to you, the driver, that results from these "retrofits".

science > *

Unfortunately, your opinion is wrong, and here's why:

http://www.danielste...onversions.html

The most dangerous part of the attempt to "retrofit" Xenon headlamps is that sometimes you get a deceptive and illusory "improvement" in the performance of the headlamp. The performance of the headlamp is perceived to be "better" because of the much higher level of foreground lighting (on the road immediately in front of the car). However, the beam patterns produced by this kind of "conversion" virtually always give less distance light, and often an alarming lack of light where there's meant to be a relative maximum in light intensity. The result is the illusion that you can see better than you actually can, and that's not safe.

It's tricky to judge headlamp beam performance without a lot of knowledge, a lot of training and a lot of special equipment, because subjective perceptions are very misleading. Having a lot of strong light in the foreground, that is on the road close to the car and out to the sides, is very comforting and reliably produces a strong impression of "good headlights". The problem is that not only is foreground lighting of decidedly secondary importance when travelling much above 30 mph, but having a very strong pool of light close to the car causes your pupils to close down, worsening your distance vision...all the while giving you this false sense of security. This is to say nothing of the massive amounts of glare to other road users and backdazzle to you, the driver, that results from these "retrofits".

science > *

you're acting like i dont know this. i simply said that because regular housings focus some light onto the trees and shit, not just focused strictly on the ground like projectors.

Archived