Need some help glassing my A Pillars

Ok so after my sub setup is in and good to go and I get a second battery, my next project will be my front stage. I plan to get a set of RF 6.5 comps and a p300.2 when the funds allow it lol Now I wanted to glass them into the pillars but my biggest dilemma now is this...Do I have to sacrifice my stock pillars and fiberglass them directly? Or can I tape them completely > glass them > and take the shell off and use that and save my stock pillars...hope that made sense I'm still VERY new to fiberglassing but I want to get good at it so bare with me..

Also how would I attach the fiberglass pillar sense the factory clips wont be on it?

Edited by BEEMDUB

What I did for my doors was just tape everything up and then make my glass and molds over the tape. I didn't have a removable shell but if I ever wanted my original door panels back, I could theoretically just rip off what's on top of the tape and nothing would be damaged as far as my door.

Not sure if that's what you would want to do for your pillars, but just giving you an idea.

Edited by Loslam

1997 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab, 350 Vortec

Things to come at some point...

Build Log: http://www.stevemead...2200ds-133-ohm/

What I did for my doors was just tape everything up and then make my glass and molds over the tape. I didn't have a removable shell but if I ever wanted my original door panels back, I could theoretically just rip off what's on top of the tape and nothing would be damaged as far as my door.

Not sure if that's what you would want to do for your pillars, but just giving you an idea.

ahh I get what your saying that would work good except for there would have to be a large gap in between my pillar shell and the stock pillar so the mid could fit I guess I'll have to figure out the depth of them and that might be a good idea how did you attach shell on top on your door panels?

get a spare set of pillars if your that worried either new or from a junkyard.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

get a spare set of pillars if your that worried either new or from a junkyard.

Yea thats what I was originally gonna do, but the point of my thread was that I was trying to figure out if I can do it without buying extras.....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/133661-first-attempt-at-door-panelspods/

Cut the ring and use small dowel rods to attach the ring for speakers to pillar

1997 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab, 350 Vortec

Things to come at some point...

Build Log: http://www.stevemead...2200ds-133-ohm/

• 1 month later...

put aluminum foil on your stock a-pillars then put fiberglass mat on it and fiberglass it. may need 2 layers for extra strength, you can hold it on the pillar by either bolting it with a screw, velcro, fiberglass the tabs on the fiberglass piece off the stock piece.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.