What crazy claims have you heard people make?

i can't even tell you guys how many people have told me they have a friend/cousin who busted out all his windows with bass. :roflmao:

Seems like the most told fish story so far haha. If only they understood how hard it was to blow out your windows..

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

on a local performance forum this guy would always say he was getting a car and he would make call outs and when the time came he didnt have the car and he would hide for a couple days then a couple more days he would do the same thing. it kept on going until the owner of a car he claimed he bought said he still had the car that guy was the laughing stock of the forum for a while.

no0b - "my friend has a 31" in his durango"

me - "its not even safe having a monitor that big in a car"

no0b - "...not a monitor, a sub"

me - "no such thing..."

no0b - "yeah man kicker jackhammer"

lmao!!

Dude with 2 mtx thunders pulls up by me as im tuning my amp in a parking lot

Dude: whatcha got there

Me: 2 Audioque 15s

Dude: ive never heard of them

Me: Yea theyre not all that known around here but they perform well

Dude: i doubt if theyre good if ive never heard of them

Me: I prefer underground companies over best buy crap, but people have theyre opinions

Dude: Yea my mtx's i got here on 1000 watt mtx amp, i was told im the loudest in town

Me: lemme hear (sounded like a 135 db)

Dude: I hit a 155, the installer at best buy said if i double the power i can be over 200 db

Me: Really? You want to hear someone doing a 155 and compare it to yours?

Dude: Sure

*Friend with 2 18 dc xls walled comes

Dude: *sits in car, friend turns up, dude didnt last more than 3 seconds

Dude: Yea i had to get out i didnt want the cops to come

:bsflag:

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

Man I forget what year, but I went to a world of wheels show in Pittsburgh. This guy had an 80's iroc camaro with 2 15 inch cadence or something. He was around 45 or older with a Skullet (Mullet with balding top, hulk hogan) and said yeah my shits loud, i broke 5 windshields and this is my 6th one. I said well my man lets hear it. Oh ummm my amp is umm over heating. Not once did he ever have it on and i'm certain Krokus Screaming in the night won't take out a window

Never Gets Old

[media]

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

A bunch of local guys like to think that if they get a capacitor, and do 4 gauge wiring that all their problems will be gone forever... Some guy local thinks his crap setup (Type R subs are good, but it's in the install) is the loudest in town and that on his old hifonics setup he broke a windshield AND that one of his hifonics caught on fire because of too much power going to it.

One day when I was working at local stereo shop in Beaverton, Oregon, I was on my lunch break with my wife at the time in her car in front of the shop. A kid rolls up with his girlfriend and hears the system in my wifes car, Tells me his car is louder then anybody and that it it has so much bass the lights in and on his car dim. He was running a combination of Audiovox and Jensen crap. My wife at the time had a full rockford fosgate system in her car and decides to turn her system up. The kids girlfriend starts laughing at him and his jaw drops. Best part was when I got out of the car, put on my work shirt with shops logo on it and asked him, are you here for appointment to have work done on your system. He was surpised and speechless, then he sped off.

Pushing it to the limits. Want more power. 

The end when he talks...

Wow... Lol I was searching Craigslist earlier and saw a listing for two 12" CVR's or something for some dumb price, and then I saw he put youtube links into his ad. So I looked to see if he was a member on anything and found this video. Watched it then closed youtube... NOBODY around me has any true interest in car audio so I try to find people even remotely interested that can have some sort of respect for what I do... lol. /coolstorybro. Just thought it was a funny coincidence.

But to contribute, i've seen a lot of people add speaker AND amplifier ratings to come up with total power capabilities, especially when trying to sell something:

3000 watt amp

Two 1500 watt subs

6000 watt stereo system

$300.00.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Archived