Jump to content

What crazy claims have you heard people make?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I met a guy yesterday that told me that he had 4 red audiopipe 15s and a boss 5500w in a SEALED wall in his dakota and it did 160s. I even asked him what frequency the box was he said its a seald one. Then goes on to tell me that birch dont work for boxes it just looks good, and he gets CUSTOM 1in mdf for his builds. I just looked at him like are you on drugs.

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

2 ampere audio 3800s @ .5 each

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

Posted

I hate people specially pretentious ones

R.I.P...99'Dodge Grand Caravan

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Subs-(12's)2 Orion xtr124

Amp-Coustic600se

battery-2 x stock, 1x Shuriken SK-BT20

Box-L-ported 3.562cubes@35Hz

miscellaneous-stinger volt-meter, gain nob, (coming soon bass pro,eq,line drive)

I dont have flex yet but damn I sound good,(coming soon....flex)

Check out my HHR install

Everything I install or build here:http://s1160.photobu...s/q485/MrBfree/

Also video's of my Car with the new box.http://www.youtube.c...lentGyge/videos

Posted

had a guy at work tell me that his 2 kicker 12's in his trunk hit 182....i told him that the world record was 182.4 or something like that

guy: "no, that was 282!"

me: "that physically impossible -_-"

guy: "no it's not"

later...

me: (tells him of plans for 2 18's)

him: "you're gonna need like 8 gauge power wire"

me: "yeah for the subs"

him: "no, for the amp"0

me: -_-

(btw i know i'm only currently running sonys, but i know quite a lot about audio and things)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (rebuild coming soon)

2 xplod 10" subs (rebuilding with 2 obsidian 18's)

stock mids/highs (still undecided, possibly crescendo pro or something to that effect)

Clarion DXZ475MP head unit

Clarion EQS746 equalizer (highly recommended)

Crunch powerzone 500 watt amp (probable new amp- hifonics BRZ2100.1D)

RF 10ga. to amp (currently fried, hopefully replacing soon)

raptor 12ga. to subs

TeamHeavyHitters

check us out on YouTube

www.youtube.com/user/TeamHeavyHitters13

Posted

New 1 tonight, Ok I'm selling a 9" lcd screen a buddy who wants to buy it shows up with a friend. Buddy is interested but friend stops him and says he should build a plexiglass enclosure to put it in so it doesn't explode like his did in his car in Travers City. So I immediately think it got way to hot or cold so I ask "how the shit did it explode?" Then I get the best fucking story I've heard in a long long long time.

HIM "Dude I had one of the loudest cars ever, it was so loud I had to get a paper signed by anyone who sat in it because I could blow their eardrums with ear protectors on!"

"The first day I put it in I blew out all the windows of the school cuz my shop teacher who designed it forgot to turn off half of my subs" "The entire box was made out of metal"

Me "Whole shit dude what was in it?"

HIM "20 24 inch concert speakers! I bought them off the road manager for ICP! They only rocked the best"

Me "Do you mind if I get that story on camera?" One of the coolest stories ever, and I'd love to see this car. I'll drive you there!"

"My mom made me sell it so we didn't get any more law suits."

Tomorrow I will try and get him on video, I talked him into selling me a box he built for his little brother to compete against cars with 10 15's and shit. I just have to sign a letter saying I wont' compete with it because it's an outlawed box style. Oh for 1 12......I'm so excited. I ask him how many alternators he ran and the great news is If you build your box the right way and out of 1/2" thick metal you can use just your headunit. My god there are so many epic stories I have to get him recorded. Oh and pretty much MTX makes all speakers and shit.

forgot to add his name is BEN if any traverse city dudes are out there

Posted

My stories come from the same guy but first, let me explain something.

I used to run 2 Kenwood KFC-W3009's on a 760 Watt Pioneer GM-5400T. Not the greatest obviously. Over the holidays, I was given a Crossfire XS 12" D1 (V1) by Gary Killian, so I sold my setup to save up for an amp, which turned into chrismas money. (Still don't have an amp yet). At the time of the sale, the guy I sold the amp to was a cousin's friend and just started getting on heavy drugs. Weeks later, he sells the amp back to me for $25, and I resold it fo $60. He wrecked his car afterwards. Now with this out of the way...

Before he sold me the amp back, he wanted me to look at it 'cause "it quit working". I asked why, "I think I put too much power to it with 2 badass Kenwoods" (Mind you he is on drugs). Okay leave it with me and I'll get it fixed for you. that's gonna cost you $. "Anything man, just get it going". *plugs it in, works fine*.

When he resells me the amp:

"Hey man, I got this badass amp, Wanna buy it? $25". What'cha got? *shows me same amp* "This thing shook my car to the point it fucked with the engine". (his engine was fucked up long before hand). Okay I'll take it. (Still works). Days later he wrecks his car.

Last month, Me and a buddy were sitting at the dinner table playing dominos, when my cousin brought that same friend over. My friend ain't much into car audio, but he knows quite a bit from me. That guy comes in here saying "Hey you work for UPS?" (my friend does, has a UPS hat on) Friend replies, and then he goes off "yeah I used to work for a construction company. Had a company truck with a system in it. Couple kenwoods with Pioneer amp, fucked up the truck and caused it to fall apart, so they fired me and now I got no car".

Sorry it was long, but I thought you guys would enjoy.

BASS MEKANIK RECORDS

"Audio Implosion" & "SubSonic Guillotine" available anywhere digital music is sold!

2007 Ford Focus

(NOTE: My cousin's build I helped him with)

Pioneer H/U

(4) Absolute Dome Tweeters on A & C pillars

Scosche HD683A's in front doors

Fosgate R168x2's in rear doors

SoundQubed HDS312 in custom 2.57 Ft^3 @ 30Hz

Audiopipe APCL-1800.1D

Q-Mat

Audio Technix 0 Gauge

119aH/850CCA Marine Deep Cycle batteries

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DWRhythm

Posted

While my system is no powerhouse,but i don't run around boasting or making stupid claims, but we have this guy at work who claimed he had a kicker comp *(plain jane) and a sony 1000 watt amp, he asked "why do you have two batteries, i never needed two batteries in my systems?" I couldn't help myself and just said "you've never had a system that hit this hard"

Posted

had a local guy find me thru 1 of my other friends.. he needed me to fix his whole system bc nothing worked

he had his amp ground on the WINGNUT that holds the spare tire jack in..(keep in mind the bracket was plastic that holds the jack) so he gorunded it to plastic

and then he proceeded to tell me the system he wasm having me put in was capable of 175.2db

bc thats what the guy hit with hit before me.. it was 2 dual 12s in a bandpass box that you buy from worst buy

and a kenwood 800w amp .. swore it was the loudest he ever heard

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...