to All Computer Geniuses out there........

ah ok, so just test things that go in your favor..

lets look at another game, BF3.

uses around 70-80% on my q9550 (even on my OC)

uses about 30% on my 2600k (stock)

oops, cant use that game either.

guess we gotta use CONSOLE PORTS..

well lets look at oblivion or mw3 (all of these games are already over 60 fps even if you have a core 2 duo (i own a E8400 @4 aswell)

when you say gaming, gaming means the most popular games played, and right now, they be usin dat cpu.

and yes, ofc when you load up a GPU TEST, its going to.... ignore the cpu? what? cause its a GPU TEST.. come on maxim you know all of this why argue for amd lol.

run a vantage test on my E8400 vs Q9550 vs 2600k... you already know who won, by almost triple.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Already ordered the Thermal compound. read some stuff about it online. sounds pretty good.

-----------------------------

I'm not saying strong PSU's aren't a good thing to have, I'm saying that not everyone should go buy a 1000 watt unit for machine because it's honestly a waste.

haha. agree with that's a waste on resources and your electrical bill will shoot up like a mad man

IwCCla0.png

1993 Toyota Corolla

:)

That's it I'm jacking a bladed from work I'll show you guys.lol they justbrooled out some beyond gross blades

lol wut? You're taking a server blade from work? Assuming I read this correctly.

Im just gonna hijack it it wont be much good without the chassis. lol. let me find the specs for what they just put out its absolutely stupid.

Pics or it didn't happen!

I cant take pics in the DC its all confidential.

heres the one DC

http://www.networkworld.com/slideshows/2009/101909-ndc-ibm.html#slide9

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Im going to assume talking about desktops is on topic because it is the solution to the op's problem.

I agree a computer can be built for ~$500 or so, and that it can be good at gaming. Ive done it. Is it spectacular? no. Is it better than any console out right now? Yes.

Im gaming on a 3 year old build (920 i7, gtx285 etc) and stepped into someone's room the other day and couldn't figure out what version of portal they were playing because the graphics were so much worse than portal 1 I played when I first built my rig. Turns out it was just portal 2 being played on a ps3. lol.

That's it I'm jacking a bladed from work I'll show you guys.lol they justbrooled out some beyond gross blades

lol wut? You're taking a server blade from work? Assuming I read this correctly.

Im just gonna hijack it it wont be much good without the chassis. lol. let me find the specs for what they just put out its absolutely stupid.

heres the one DC

http://www.networkwo...ibm.html#slide9

You're killing me! Lol!

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Already ordered the Thermal compound. read some stuff about it online. sounds pretty good.

-----------------------------

I'm not saying strong PSU's aren't a good thing to have, I'm saying that not everyone should go buy a 1000 watt unit for machine because it's honestly a waste.

haha. agree with that's a waste on resources and your electrical bill will shoot up like a mad man

Also try cleaning out the fans. If they have dust inside it'll create more heat.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

heres the one DC

http://www.networkwo...ibm.html#slide9

You're killing me! Lol!

now whats funny is everyone talks overclocking this and amd vs intel that. I couldn't care any less about it. I get to play with ridiculous stuff day in and day out so for me to play with a desktop at home is kinda not fun. lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Ugh. I hate to do it, but I have to reply to that.

Saying you need a $200 power supply is just ignorant. Your comparison to car audio is going to be seriously misinterpreted here. If everyone were to use $200 power supplies for their gaming rigs, it'd be the equivalent of running Meade's electrical system for a 500 watt amp and a pair of 12's. A good 650-watt unit can easily handle any single-GPU system out there and they can be had for under $100. I'm not saying strong PSU's aren't a good thing to have, I'm saying that not everyone should go buy a 1000 watt unit for machine because it's honestly a waste.

I've built machines with 4-core AMD chips and high-end, 6800-series cards for under $550 shipped. It's not hard, it's just a matter of balancing components for your build.

The equivalent of meade's electrical system would be like running 2 Thermaltake 1375's. Considering we are still talking about a good system to run games at native resolution and medium-high graphics you need to spend more than 500. Honestly, a modular PSU with 750watts from a reputable company is like 160 + Shipping/taxes. Then you need a good mobo. You're looking at MINIMUM 100. Then you need ram... 50. Then you need CPU. If you go with an I3 you'll kick yourself for doing it later but you'll still manage. So that's 130ish +shipping and taxes... we're already at 440 without shipping and taxes. Now you need a video card, case and screen. Good luck! No way you'll be under 500 for a GAMING machine.

If you wanna run garbage, then run it. But honestly with my experience (I'm in IT infrastructure support) you need to spend a little more to get what you want/need from it.

I've got a Newegg cart right now that's $564 shipped to my door of a machine I built for a friend previously. He plays a few Valve titles, BF3, and SWTOR with us and manages solid FPS at high settings at 1080p.

And I never include the price of the monitor when I build a machine. Do you include the price of the television when debating whether to buy a PS3 or a 360? I also don't include the price of Windows. If you do, you're doing it wrong.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Im going to assume talking about desktops is on topic because it is the solution to the op's problem. I agree a computer can be built for ~$500 or so, and that it can be good at gaming. Ive done it. Is it spectacular? no. Is it better than any console out right now? Yes. Im gaming on a 3 year old build (920 i7, gtx285 etc) and stepped into someone's room the other day and couldn't figure out what version of portal they were playing because the graphics were so much worse than portal 1 I played when I first built my rig. Turns out it was just portal 2 being played on a ps3. lol.

Come on guys, it's like saying "ya I go to comps I got me some bump in the trunk... 2 12" sony's from walmart! Man they rock!"

You're saying that for 500 dollars you can build a reliable/serious gaming rig that plays at native on high for lets say... BF3? I would love to see that.

What you guys are describing is a normal PC that plays occasional games. Not a dedicated gaming rig.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP