Fast opinion please I bought some 1/0ga wire Bulls Audio.Well I went with it recommendation from a shop who didn't have any rock or knu.The wire looks to like cca type for which I've never ran before.Smaller systems under 600watts wouldn't bother me but I'm going for 32 - 3475 rms watts or big three.This was to be used for power and ground from the battery to the back of a 97 e-150 van . Any opions is very welcomed and needed thank you.

its junk its not a true ofc 1/0

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I disagree n8

This is not from me but this is how I feel...

I will likely get flamed for this post, but I do not care because I believe in fair and accurate information for my fellow hobbyists. If money was not in the equation OFC>CCA due to better conductivity, but silver would beat both. So let's take a look at conductivity. Pure aluminum is 61% as conductive as pure copper. The ratio of 10% copper and 90% aluminum leaves us with a conductor that has 65% the conductivity of pure copper. Most CCA is 90/10. In actuality you get a tad more due to the skin effect, which we will not discuss for this matter. The main problem with aluminum is the Aluminum Oxide film that develops on aluminum. This film is actually an insulator and can cause some issues. Most reputable manufacturers of CCA will have some sort of coating to deal with this issue. So again if price were not an issue OFC is always better than Aluminum and anyone who is so die hard on OFC over CCA should actually be running silver power wire since price is not a major concern of theirs. Anywho if we break down the cost to conductivity ratio CCA blows OFC out of the water.

Most OFC 1/0 is load rated to 350 amps. Let's say you have a very large run of CCA at 25' to make the math easier. Now let's price a 50 foot spool of OFC at 180. So you get 3.9 amps of conductivity per dollar. Now let's take the 350 amps and multiply by .65 and we get 227.5. The CCA we will price at 90 for a 50 foot spool. For the CCA we get 5.1 amps of conductivity per dollar. In fact we could even do 2 runs of CCA for the same or less than one run of OFC and have an additional 105amps of current capacity.

So in conclusion OFC is best if money is not a concern or every .01 of a db counts, but for ANY daily driver CCA offers better conductivity for the money. The one scenario where OFC is better is if one CANNOT do more then one run and they are drawing OVER 300 amps of actual current.

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

you missed the part where its not a true 1/0. Its undersized. Im not going to argue cost effectiveness of CCA vs ofc because I really don't care. but when its advertised as 1/0 and comes in at a little bigger than 4ga.........

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

you missed the part where its not a true 1/0. Its undersized. Im not going to argue cost effectiveness of CCA vs ofc because I really don't care. but when its advertised as 1/0 and comes in at a little bigger than 4ga.........

I guess I didn't miss that part because it was never stated...

But op if it's undersized and you plan on running 3k+ I'd get some different wire...

24v1fe8.png

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

I was gonna say that bullz audio 1/0 is only alittle larger than true 4 gauge.

Return that wire if possible, or use it just for ground runs if u don't want to waste it

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Thanks guys I really wasn't sure if the wire would pose a problem or not.Yes the core is just a little bigger than 4ga.It comes close to 2ga that is being taken out and my 4ga terminals almost fit. I'm just amazed at the diff in wire companies now compared to wire 20yrs ago. What is a good wire choice that will handel my power and length needs without being insane price.That and I don't want to make the same mistakes that I've made over the years. Choking my system with poor wire choices I've made.Thanks guys for your time.

I guess I didn't miss that part because it was never stated...

its junk its not a true ofc 1/0

He said it looks to be like cca, not it looks to be like 4g.

Strike me if I'm dumb/blind but I see nothing about the size of the wire

i think it was stated

24v1fe8.png

I said its not a true OFC 1/0.

As in its not OFC and as in Its not 1/0

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High