Second Skin Audio

I was wondering what are the best ways to seal around a wall so air cannot go backwards. Between mdf baffle and headliner and betweed mdf and plastic B pillar. Thanks. I would prefer not to use fiberglass and resin unless REALLY need to.

Great Stuff!

But use plastic or bags or something to protect you headliner and other car interior pieces cuz Great Stuff is extremely messy and I'm not sure how hard it is to remove.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I need to seal off my wall also. I made some fun shapes for the sides but i havnt done the roof line just yett.

Walled 2002 buick century A.K.A "Betty sue"

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/

What I did:

Use cardboard to figure out your shape between wall and side of your car. Then if you have depth issues, use as many layers of mdf you need to get your depth. Then get some 1/2" foam (weatherstripping) to put where it meets the vehicle.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I used pieces of mdf to surround the wall. It actually sits behind the A pillar. The exp. foam works awesome. I cut it to shape and covered it with glass and matte. Then put some carpet over the top. The rear side doors have been glassed to so no air can get out or get behind the wall. The under side of the rear deck of the car was also covered in 3/4" mdf and exp. foam around the edges. So it is separated into 2 sealed sections one behind the other with the cabin receiving all the output from the wall.

Edited by TheScottishBear

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

just use spray foam.. the most common and easiest to use.. them just cover the foam with cardboard and carpet it etc..

foam is a total bitch to remove tho.. when i decided to tear my wall out of the old car and foam stuck so well to the roof..and my sound deadener it actually pulled some of it down when i was pulling like a mofo..