Few Welding cable Questions

Well i noticed everyone was using welding cable so in the event i switch up i may also make the switch to welding cable. I just want to clear up so concerns i had first.

1. can you mix welding cable and normal car audio wire ?

2. what kind does the wire have to be ( cca, ofc, etc) ?

3. where can i get it ?

4. advantages to using this over the Knu konceptz wire or another company ?

5. what sort of connectors can i use on it ?

6. does it just replace the power and ground wires , or do they also have 8 gauge welding cable for speaker wire ?

7. anything else i should know about it ?

thanks in advance.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Wire is wire. Welding cable is ofc. It's safe to mix ofc and cca.

Pros to using it. It's cheap but ofc. And it's gauge standard.

http://weldingsupply.securesites.net/cgi-bin/spider.pl?304-1270||1|146||

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

from my experience

1.im sure you can, i did under the hood

3.i got mine from powerWerx.com http://www.powerwerx.com/wire-cable/welding-cable.html

4.mainly price

5.i used copper terminal rings

6.for the 8g i used knu wire

7.order one size bigger, like if u want 0g get 2/0g

the blank #2 im not sure about,

Welding cable is nice. it's universally sized vs. certain wire brands so it always fits nicely into the connectors.

basically it's just like any other power and ground wire. i won't get into a brand war here, but it seems to be a hell of a lot cheaper than some other stuff.

electricity will always take the path of the least resistance. i'd personally use all OFC or all CCA if i was gonna do a build. i'd probably use OFC though lol

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

So i should use the OFC and i want 1/0 so i should get 2/0 ?

thats what i would if i had to order again, but even tho i ordered 0g it hasnt giving me a problem with my system

Welding wire will do the job but most of it has a lower strand count compared to Knukonceptz and other car audio wire brands, which are usually of higher quality and thicker.

You want OFC as it carries alot more current than cca. Yes you can mix the 2, it will still increase current and electricity will take the path of least resistance anyway. I wouldn't run wire like knu fleks and then run a cca welding wire after the knu as it could create some resistance.

You can use normal ring terminals or copper lugs for either wire.

Most welding supply shops carry welding wire.

I'm not sure about the welding wire for speaker wire but I would just stick to a good speaker wire like Knu as itsnbetter quality and is shielded better.

The benefit of welding wire is it's a lot cheaper than good car audio wire. 2-3 dollar permfoot form welding and 3-5 a foot for good power wire. Most wire like Rockford and knu are thicker than normal welding wire ofmthe same gauge. So with welding wire you might want to have more runs. If itmwas me imwould spend the extra money and get a good OFC like kolossus fleks. That's my 2 cents. :)

Edited by Amart88

So i should use the OFC and i want 1/0 so i should get 2/0 ?

thats what i would if i had to order again, but even tho i ordered 0g it hasnt giving me a problem with my system

alright sounds good thankyou

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd