Holy wow. I'm gonna want to see this when it's done. I'm in Apk, hit me up! Following this now

Sounds good, I used to live in APK. I'll definitely be getting it metered in APK as well so I'll have to let ya know.

Nice. I like having speed and bump.

Thanks, I agree. It's hard to have both since more bump = less speed but that's why I'm trying this idea out.

you sir have my attention with this. Definately love the monster theme btw! keep up the good work. and great job fiberglassing, especially for your first time..

Thanks, I do surprise myself that it tends to work just like I think it will. Never once has it been perfect, but it's always close enough that a lot more work can make it work.

Tuned in for this one for sure bro. :popcorn:

I hope I don't disappoint.

I appreciate everyones nice comments and viewing. It's definitely a boost :D

Went to the machine shop today and got a few cuts in.

First cut, the excess.

IMAG0579.jpg

Second cut, turning 1 into 2.

IMAG0585.jpg

the shavings look like cotton and a spider web had a baby. Just showing a different angle. I took a lot of pictures because all you can do is watch it after its set up.

IMAG0584.jpg

Picture of the machine....while in use.

IMAG0588.jpg

So as hard as I tried to line it up I was off. So I'm debating if I'm going to mill that extra off or deal with it. Milling sounds fun though, its been a while for me.

IMAG0591.jpg

And then this is the final product with the Monster Logo that will go with it.

IMAG0594.jpg

I'm not sure when I can get to the box again but I'll see what I can do. I did purchase the 25yards of 3/4oz mat. I'll just need more resin but that's just a local store pickup for me.

So I did end up heading back to the machine shop to fix that cut. It was so long since I last used a mill I needed a reminder on how to run it.

IMAG0595.jpg

Taking pictures and running the mill wasn't the easiest thing, so image blurred just a bit.

IMAG0597.jpg

I went ahead of milled both parts so they are both exactly the same.

IMAG0598.jpg

The perfection

IMAG0603.jpg

wait....what happened to the other one.

IMAG0604.jpg

I'm sure you can tell I'm excited they came out so well.

IMAG0609.jpg

I will definitely pull the box out of my back seat this weekend and start working on the sides and maybe the top. Once I have those I'll do a massive amount of measuring and input my data into ProE and attempt to use the volume feature. This way I will know a very close estimate of the internal volume and use that with WinISD to get the port length at the required Hz.

Still looking for someone that knows WinISD to hit me up, I have a few questions.

WTF Mate

IMAG0618.jpg

Well whats this

IMAG0621.jpg

F Yeah! Now that was fast. I think I ordered it on Wednesday and got it by Friday. 25Yards of 3/4oz Fiberglass. This will make install so much faster since the resin will just fall into place. The 2.0 had to be forced.

IMAG0624.jpg

So lt was too hot earlier to try to take the box out and I need to do some more measurements. It wasn't as easy as I thought to take it out.

IMAG0625.jpg

I took the passenger seat out and it finally came out but I had to squeeze it together some. Atm the door will need to come off to get it in and out. I just need to see what the internal volume of this will be and if its too big I will make it a bit shorter. The door might not need to come off but at least both seats would. I never removed the driver seat, I'm sure it's heavy as hell.

IMAG0626.jpg

I'm embarrassed about this, but it's what it looks like atm.

IMAG0630.jpg

well shit, im gone for like two days and you got so many views that i cant see the photos. lol good shit.

I know this is bugging me. I didn't know this could happen. How long does this last?

Just curious why you need it removable.

Weight removal. Whats the point of having 500Hp if I add 300lbs. I just want that ability.

Archived