If your headliner is still out, could you take a few pics of the crossmember that runs along the top of the windshield?

Sorry I have it back up (same day). It's easy to take that thing off but I'm lazy, haha. If I run into time tomorrow I may drop the front down to take a picture. You thinking about foaming it?

That is a nice mustang you have their sir!

Thank you very much, noticed you have the EVO 3D. If you flash your device and need any input on ROMs/Kernels I've used I'd be happy to help. The EVO 3D has much more to be unlocked. :D I overclocked mine to 2Ghz for a bit and it was ridiculously fast and still good on battery life. The stock speed on the CPU in the 3D is suppose to be 1.5Ghz but sprint underclocked it to 1.2Ghz.

No worries man. I can do it in mine. Trying to determine if a stripper pole is possible.

Well since I seen mine not to long ago, you can do 1, but that cross member isn't directly attached to the roof so flexing would still happen. Also, not sure where you would weld the bottom part because of the angle it would create.

I do have a somewhat crazy Idea for stopping roof flexing. Curves in a material give it strength, so if you make a wave pattern with something like fiberglass, and had it with 1" curves, remove the cones on the headliner and replace it with a bout 1/4" foam, then you can effectively stop flexing in 1 plane and reduce flexing in the other plane by roughly half (if the resin doesn't separate from the metal). No bar and no one would see it/know it. Unfortunately, I don't know a way to do this that it can be removed so once it's done its on there unless grinded off.

Also, instead of stripper pole, maybe go roll bar and add the pole in the middle making it have that drag appeal to it (More $ though). I just don't trust the thin ass roof on the mustang. It's too large and has no support in the middle so a pole wouldn't do a thing IMO unless you have a different idea. I luckily wont need one, haha. I won't be pushing that much air.

The crossmember doesn't attach to the roof? Interesting. Fuck it, i'll just let her flex.

What about using a few layers of fiblerglass on the roof held on by an adhesive. So you foil the roof first, then spray adhesive to the foil so that the fiberglass will stick (being generious on the adhesive). Then with the seats and bottom being covered incase of dripping. Fiberglass the top some to get the shape. I would use 3/4oz matt for this. Take out of vehicle to add aditional fiberglass layers and to prep it. Then once you have the desired thickness based upon how much flex your getting, use adhesive to put it onto the roof. I suggest layer the roof with dampening first, then another layer of something I can't currently think of but something that would allow something to stick to the dampener like a champ. Then adhesives to apply the roof support.

I've seen people use wood to do this but I would prefer to use fiberglass since it can mold to the shape of a curved roof. If it comes loose, which it shouldn't but might then it can be reattached easily. It also wont be too heavy to just drop on your head and requires no drilling unless you think of some nifty way to drill that the cross member. If I had something that was going to move alot of air I would add that to mine but the focus of mine is reduced weight and fast/quick removal (if you know where my locks will be placed :D ).

So on my way home from 13hours on Campus I figured I'd let it chirp a little even though my boost gauge came loose the other day so I have a small leak. I will fix it tomorrow morning. I didn't push it hard, just enough so it can be heard.

The video is shaky (youtube might fix some of it), music was lowered but when i listened to it, it sounded too loud in the video. The phone kept hitting the steering wheel and I didn't notice so it keeps making a tapping noise. I show why I don't like to get on it hard in Orlando as well. :)

I'll add many more videos, need suggestions of good ones though. I will however not do anything that will burn my tires or get me in trouble.

Before I got my new tires I did have a little fun, but this is without the turbo.

Archived