DC Sound Lab

Smallest enclosure for 2 15" XL's m2

First off, why would you want to put double the rated power to the sub? The XL is rated for 2200w. Why wouldnt you take that 5k and split it between 2 subs and be able to play on them all day?

the title says 2?

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

First off, why would you want to put double the rated power to the sub? The XL is rated for 2200w. Why wouldnt you take that 5k and split it between 2 subs and be able to play on them all day?

the title says 2?

Ahh I missed that.

well we both semi failed cause in his first post he says "up to 5k each".. so OP ya dont do 5k to each of them..

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

well we both semi failed cause in his first post he says "up to 5k each".. so OP ya dont do 5k to each of them..

I see that now.

I will re state what I said earlier with some changes.

If you want to run 5k per sub, then get 4 subs and split the power between 4 coils and get 2500w per sub. You will get more cone area this way in turn, be louder and be able to play all day.

From the way he asked the question, sounds like he is tight on space in the first place with just the 2 15's he has already.

Op how much space do you have to work with?

Edited by sprkn_ranger