Sundown Audio

need help on a amp

cgomez90

I see its all about confrontation on this site huh, I said my alt went out twice, AFTER I INSTALLED THE SYSTEM. I stated that to get THAT SHORTAGE OF AMPS FROM A STOCK ALT POWER point across! and the last time i checked when running a amp thats rated over 500w rms at 4 omhs? when you drop the omhs down to 1, that automatically means double the draw of power!! so for those that don't know? be true to yourself and upgrade your power source alt and bat!! you will be happy that you did.. YOU WILL FEEL YOUR MONEY A LOT MORE!!! I said 2 channel D Class! but didn't put mono block behind it? AGAIN FORGIVE ME FOR THAT. I wasn't meaning to provide bad info by It... but a channel is a channel no matter what.. for the sake of any farther arguments the word channel means > to guide into or convey through a channel or channels< so if the mono block has 12 terminals, that means that the muthafukn signal would be channeled 12 fukn ways.. so technically I'm not wrong!!. Now if I had said a 2 channel evergreen' or audiovox amp? I could understand being called an idiot a noobe not knowing shit about anything... and trust me the only reason I'm on this site is to learn more about this passion we all share for good systems..

lol why are you still trying? god you fail so hard its honestly not even funny. its just plain sad at this point.

no, dropping from 4 to 1 ohms doesnt "automatically" double the draw of power. you're not even taking efficiency into effect. which we ALL know that 99% of the amps out there are less efficient the lower the load you present it. and less efficiency means an even higher power draw. so your point there is invalid.

and lol at your definition. an imaginary monoblock with 6 sets of speaker outputs is still one channel. no matter what. yeah, the amp will send the power to all 12 +'s and -'s, but thats all 1 channel. it doesnt automatically turn it into a 6 channel amp. thats fucking ridiculous. if there is one + and one - post on the amps PCB board, you could stick 6 separate wires in each one and put each of the 12 wires to their respective terminals on the speaker output block. with your theory, that automatically turns it into a 6 channel amp. but its still a fucking monoblock because it all came from one damn point on the board. not multiple ones. see what im getting at?

im only calling you a stupid noob because you're wrong (im not the only one that thinks that) and you continue to be a stubborn headed prick because you cant accept whats actually true than what you THINK is true.

edit: and i'll reiterate, my amp is rated for 300 watts LESS than yours (but if you take into account my 4 channel, then its even) and my alt is HALF the size of yours. i have ONE battery that i got at fucking walmart two years ago that i abuse the shit out of. i only have the big 3 done. and you're telling ME that you need to buy $700 worth of electrical upgrades in order to run an amp that costs $400. yeah, thats real smart. i've seen stock alts handle 2000rms systems with no problem. just the big 3 and a group 31 battery in the trunk and maybe an agm under the hood. you're stupid as fuck

Edited by Kranny

2 channel and mono block are 2 COMPLETELY different things.

I know the amps are! but they do have single chanel mono block amps.. I responded to cgomez90 as soon as he posted. if he had responded timely I'm sure I would have clarified the misunderstanding!! But thx for having my bac all the same.. respect..

all monoblocks are single channel. i dont understand what you dont fucking get about that. a monoblock could have 12 sets of speaker outputs on it and its still a single channel.

I see its all about confrontation on this site huh, I said my alt went out twice, AFTER I INSTALLED THE SYSTEM. I stated that to get THAT SHORTAGE OF AMPS FROM A STOCK ALT POWER point across! and the last time i checked when running a amp thats rated over 500w rms at 4 omhs? when you drop the omhs down to 1, that automatically means double the draw of power!! so for those that don't know? be true to yourself and upgrade your power source alt and bat!! you will be happy that you did.. YOU WILL FEEL YOUR MONEY A LOT MORE!!! I said 2 channel D Class! but didn't put mono block behind it? AGAIN FORGIVE ME FOR THAT. I wasn't meaning to provide bad info by It... but a channel is a channel no matter what.. for the sake of any farther arguments the word channel means > to guide into or convey through a channel or channels< so if the mono block has 12 terminals, that means that the muthafukn signal would be channeled 12 fukn ways.. so technically I'm not wrong!!. Now if I had said a 2 channel evergreen' or audiovox amp? I could understand being called an idiot a noobe not knowing shit about anything... and trust me the only reason I'm on this site is to learn more about this passion we all share for good systems..

you do know that mono = 1 right.i think your confusing terminals with channels

yes i do know that mono means 1 and when i posted that i meant a 2 terminal class D mono block amp!!

I know the amps are! but they do have single chanel mono block amps.. I responded to cgomez90 as soon as he posted. if he had responded timely I'm sure I would have clarified the misunderstanding!! But thx for having my bac all the same.. respect..

all monoblocks are single channel. i dont understand what you dont fucking get about that. a monoblock could have 12 sets of speaker outputs on it and its still a single channel.

You really should stop posting. youre dead wrong on a lot of this. I will say it again. Stop posting try to prove your point. You're wrong. Sit back and read. Dont go throwing that we are all here for the same thing bullshit out there either. Im here to help the people you are just feeding bad info.

BTW the only way im feeling my money is if I sleep on it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

yes i do know that mono means 1 and when i posted that i meant a 2 terminal class D mono block amp!!

who says 2 terminal class d mono block amp?

why not just say a mono block amp since its the same shit and your confusing yourself and others

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

you do know that mono = 1 right.i think your confusing terminals with channels

well thats what i was referring to anyway... just didn't think it was sooo serious misunderstood !! but I know now...lol thx anyway bro

you dont need to say 2 terminal or 4 terminal or whatever. a monoblock is a monoblock. thats it. fucking hell you make this so much more complicated than it has to be. noobs gonna noob