Sonic Electronix

I'm about to give up on car audio!!!

Don't give up on Car Audio, everyones going to run into problems.. just be glad your not the one with a burnt coil on your subwoofer. You'll get loud just listen to these guys ^ "takes time and effort" best quote right there man, best of luck.

Haha thanks man. I won't give up, love it too much to do that. Just frustrated

Yes I am positive it's wired to 1 ohm. Rear speakers are still in, its a daily driver so I dont wanna take them out. I'm not trying to win comps but I wanna know why my stuff is hitting so soft.

you wont miss those speakers. ill bet they sound like ass anyways.

I'll bet your wrong. They are infinity reference and actually sound pretty damn good.

So your not going to take his advise and remove the rear speakers?

Lol I don't know if your being for real or fucking around, but the back seats were down when I listened to it... What good would taking the rear speakers out do for me?

Don't give up on Car Audio, everyones going to run into problems.. just be glad your not the one with a burnt coil on your subwoofer. You'll get loud just listen to these guys ^ "takes time and effort" best quote right there man, best of luck.

Haha thanks man. I won't give up, love it too much to do that. Just frustrated

Once a bass head.. always a bass head. I know I get frusterated too.. just keep a blown speaker somewhere and a hammer :)

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

when setting the gain on the saz 2500 use the -5db track and if your using your remote gain knob leave it all the way up just dont go past the volume you set it

I used track 5 (can't remember what it is off of the top of my head)

track 5 is -10db also do you use the remote gain knob

Box needs to be further from the back.

Try facing the box forward.

Verify amp is putting out the right power (clamp it)

Heard that facing the box forward is only good if your sealing it from the trunk? And what are the steps to clamping?

when setting the gain on the saz 2500 use the -5db track and if your using your remote gain knob leave it all the way up just dont go past the volume you set it

I used track 5 (can't remember what it is off of the top of my head)

track 5 is -10db also do you use the remote gain knob

Yes I use the remote knob, but only had it at half when tuning with the DD-1

i am having frustrations with my system too. but mostly in aesthetics. lol... try facing the sub/port into the car and pull it as far back to the hatch as possible. Then fold the seats down. should help.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Box needs to be further from the back.

Try facing the box forward.

Verify amp is putting out the right power (clamp it)

Heard that facing the box forward is only good if your sealing it from the trunk? And what are the steps to clamping?

It may still be louder forward than it is now. If so, you can seal it off later and be even louder. One step at a time.

Don't know about clamping, but there is a tutorial somewhere I think.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived