Sonic Electronix

I'm about to give up on car audio!!!

Alright some of you may already know that I finally upgraded some of my equipment and was making a new box.

I started with this...

IMG_0787.jpg

After learning about port area and firing direction believing those were the reasons it wasnt very loud I made this...

IMG_0808.jpg

I am still not having any luck. The sub just sounds like it hits soft. I know both coils are good cause I tested them, Its a dual 2 ohm sub.

I am running two sets of 4 gauge from the battery to a Kinetik HC1400. From the Kinetik to a cap, which I know everyone says to get rid of but it has always been installed and i feel like this loss of power has come recently. Then distributed to a Precision Power A600/4 and a Sundown SAZ-2500D. I ran all new Kicker RCA's and currently have a Pioneer DEH-P4000UB which has three 4v pre-outs.The whole system is tuned with a SMD DD-1.

What's pissing me off is, for example... I sold a 12W7 to a kid, he had a firebird which I know with a sub in a hatchback it will be loud but... He had a cheap dual radio, 8 gauge power and ground, a sony xplod 800 watt amp (pushing a single 3 ohm sub), and it was way louder than my setup. This kid knew absolutely nothing about car audio, he had to bring his friend with him to explain what to do.

This shit is just starting to get frustrating. I checked the pre-out voltage to confirm it was 4v and that's what I got. I'm usually around 14-12v depending on how loud I have it turned up. I know the power and ground could be upgraded along with the alternator but I don't want to dump money into this car cause I don't think it's going to last much longer. I just want to know if there is something I am missing or doing wrong

Are you sure you wired it correctly?

1_2ohmDVC_1ohm.png

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

looks like the box is really close to the back of the trunk. should have an absolute minimum of 4" between there.

do the back seats fold down? if so, fold one.

are your rear deck speakers still in? if so, take them out.

all free options to get louder.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

post a vid of your setup. try firing your ports/subs forward

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Yes I am positive it's wired to 1 ohm. Rear speakers are still in, its a daily driver so I dont wanna take them out. I'm not trying to win comps but I wanna know why my stuff is hitting so soft.

Archived