Second Skin Audio

Bass imaging?

BobbyG2

And I guess you can say (because I've done it with mine) ... on headunits / products with the correct setup ...

You CAN time align the sub driver stage and give you more of a "Up Front" and "on the dash" bass response ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

You mean like delaying the front stage? Woulddn't it still sound like it's coming from behind you?

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

You mean like delaying the front stage? Woulddn't it still sound like it's coming from behind you?

yep ... same concept ...

Only way to literally explain it and you get the correct idea would be to do it yourself in your vehicle ... or demo mine ... or anybody's SQ machine that done it ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Think about your headphones...all frequencies hit your eardrum at the same time...you're trying to do the same thing in your car, but the path length from the drivers to your ears is different for each speaker. A processor delays the output of each speaker a couple of milliseconds so that they all reach your ear at the same time, making it hard to differentiate where the sound is coming from...

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

yep ... same concept ...

Only way to literally explain it and you get the correct idea would be to do it yourself in your vehicle ... or demo mine ... or anybody's SQ machine that done it ...

Think about your headphones...all frequencies hit your eardrum at the same time...you're trying to do the same thing in your car, but the path length from the drivers to your ears is different for each speaker. A processor delays the output of each speaker a couple of milliseconds so that they all reach your ear at the same time, making it hard to differentiate where the sound is coming from...

Please keep in mind that the most impressive Sound Quality systems have LITTLE to NO Time Alignment / Processing ...

Installation skills is the best method, period !!!

Just cause I said my truck will run time alignment doesn't mean I use it in competition or in demos ...

I literally hate bandaids on a system ... and as far as i'm concerned, Time alignment / processing / Notch EQing is a MAJOR bandaid for poor installation skills ...

Just wanted to make that clear ... Sorry for thread jacking about my "Rant" ...

Thanks ...

Randal

The thing I don't like about time alignment is that it only sounds good in ONE position; You're right...if it's installed properly, there's no need to time-align anything. :good:

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

The thing I don't like about time alignment is that it only sounds good in ONE position; You're right...if it's installed properly, there's no need to time-align anything. :good:

Correct ... If I can't compete 2 seat ... I don't compete at all

Its stupid to me to have one side sounding great and the other side sounding like shit ...

as of now (setting up to demo at SBN) ... the only thing that is time aligned is my sub driver stage ... and the EQ is almost flat ...

Okay, on my way to Mississippi.

Kidding. :P

Well, I guess it's a good thing I have the internet and a forum of helpful people who can explain how to do things right before I do install things wrong and have to band aid lol

Kinda off topic... I have an Alpine CDA 105, and I can get the IMPRINT sound processor for it. Would that be what I should do or would you recommend a better way of tuning my system?

I was thinking of building a carputer so I can get a high-end sound card (like this) And then getting a touch screen monitor. I like the idea of having a computer in my car with all my music two clicks away, and having all the other miscellaneous features of a PC that a headunit doesn't have. (They have 4G USB internet now).

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

in the 18" sub SQ setup I read about..the guy was using 10" subs in his kicks..for the bass..the single 18 was for 20hz and lower he said..

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Okay, on my way to Mississippi.

Kidding. :P

Well, I guess it's a good thing I have the internet and a forum of helpful people who can explain how to do things right before I do install things wrong and have to band aid lol

Kinda off topic... I have an Alpine CDA 105, and I can get the IMPRINT sound processor for it. Would that be what I should do or would you recommend a better way of tuning my system?

I was thinking of building a carputer so I can get a high-end sound card (like this) And then getting a touch screen monitor. I like the idea of having a computer in my car with all my music two clicks away, and having all the other miscellaneous features of a PC that a headunit doesn't have. (They have 4G USB internet now).

if you live in Florida ... I will be in Datona Beach for Spring Break Nationals (1400 miles round trip)on the weekend of the 24th(next weekend) ... you can meet me there for demos ...

My team will have 4 to 6 vehicles there ... All Sound Quality machines ...

Archived