Sonic Electronix

About JL audio (from experience)

We all know popping fuses are a sign to insert larger than recommended fuses into our amplifiers. This is a fail. If youre fuses are popping its because of other problems not because the fuses are too small. So now not only could your amplifier be screwed by clipping but could also blow because you are running it with larger than recommend fuses.

wc_zps9b224b53.png

It's clipping cause my friend is running 2 12w7's with each powered by an HD 750/1, and they running are fine, and he did nothing to the fuse.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

your most likely popping fuse because your amp is trying to draw more power than its getting, do you have a voltage meter to see if your voltage is dropping, it might be time to up grade your power supply .

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

voltage drop will cause clipping which cause blown subs.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

Dude, if you turn the bass all the way up your gonna blow it..and clipping..I personally have a W7 on a SlashV2 1k and it's fine, never had 1 problem with it.

Proud owner of a 1982 Mercedes 300D TurboDiesel

Xbox GT - SMD Basshead

Ounhjip.png

Unfortunately, a yellow top battery & a shuriken bt-120 battery isent enough. My shop is trying to charge me 550$ for a h/o alternator. & i dont want to pay that. Iv been so frustrated having multiple problems that im just about to rip everything out & go stock again.

I hope you don't think they would be under even $400. For a good h/o alternator, you are going to need to shell out some cash

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

Archived