Second Skin Audio

Box help

Right 11.5 in, find this at the bottom:

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 14 1/2 x 11 1/2

Extension = 14 1/4 x 11 1/2

Calculators have their differences but you are doing a port upwards.

Okay, then you have your length for the port at 33.75 correct to get to that tuning.. Correct? I'll put up on google the cutout sheets I need and put them together make sure they work, on your sketch it's just a tad confusing for me being that the front, and rear are bigger than the sides.. height wise. Sorry if I'm just not reading something right tends to be confusing for me.

I am using be baffle all across width/height assembly style (because your box is not tall enough for the other method), when you place the top sheet of the specified dimensions, it becomes perfectly rectangular and air tight.

I was just thinking what would Torres calculate and comes out very much in line, take a look:

DCTorres.jpg

If you put 32.5 it will give you 1.5 cubic and 33 hertz :) just not sure if the length will fit?

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

So 32.5 in it is if you wish, the port turns as you can see on the sketchup and it does fit that way, the length of the two pieces of wood needed to make the port is what I left you:

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 14 1/2 x 11 1/2

Extension = 14 1/4 x 11 1/2

Since you want to take away 1/2 inch the Extension length becomes 13 3/4 inches instead of 14 1/4, the rest of the cut sheet list would remain intact.

i'm trying to build a box for a mayhem 12 thats why i ask....i wonder if that box will work? what do you think?

Hey man, the woofer displacement is different for each subwoofer. Just though i'd let you know as I just found out not to long ago today. Go to the site that sells your woofer, specs should be there. Hope all works out for you.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

IMO, 1.49 is pretty small for a 12 that is basically getting RMS. I suspect that f3 will not be very low, and I suspect you will be losing the output that a larger box typically garners

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP