sprkn_ranger's DC audio build. *Kerfing has begun*

I need a circle jig -_- gotta buy the part I guess.. and OH well if i'm not mistaken bigger box less power it needs. But very true, boxes are easy to make experiement looking good man.

I'd never buy a circle jig, they are way too easy to make! Just go get some 1/4 wood, and make your own, it's really not that hard as long as you have something accurate to measure with.

And as farad the box being over recommended, I believe I should get more output from it as well ad I'm pretty close to rms with power, just a lil over it, so I should be good. We will see :pardon:

man thats some nice work so far i cant wait to see where this ends up

Thanks! I really can't wait to see where this ends up too lol.

Well I got a lil more done on the box...it's going slow, but that's cause I only have a little bit of time to work on this each day, and also cause I wanna take my time on it and make it right. Here are some pics:

Second baffle being cut:

07a086c2.jpg

256c2170.jpg

Here are some 45's glued in...I also put some sandable wood filler in the seams so I could make the seams, well, seamless lol and I figured once it's sanded down all smooth, it would help air movement within the box:

052be62d.jpg

Port is glued in place!!

c0d26695.jpg

Here is another picture of the filler I'm putting in the corners and seams. I reall don't know if it will help, but it makes me feel better :D lol:

be8f0f73.jpg

And here is a shot with the first baffle set up against the box...not glued in place yet. I still need to cut the hole for the port out though:

f1fa5dcd.jpg

Well that's it for now, it's slowly coming along, I'm hoping to order my wire this week sometime but not sure if I will. Still undecided on what wire to get. I had seen a 4 gauge knu konceptz wire kit on eBay for like $52 shipped I think it was. It was the kolossus kit I beleive. Is this kit any good?

Thanks for looking! :)

Looks awesome so far!

Thanks man! Lol I keep thinking to myself, I'm way overdoing it for just a single level 2 but I figured if I'm going to do it, I may as well do it right.

Well I got the first baffle glued on and the rest of the 45's glued in place, so all that's left is getting the port holes cut in the baffles and get the second baffle glued on and then close it up with the top peice.

I also bought a wire kit for my amp. Not sure how good it is, but it says its 100% OFC and it is true 4gauge. Here's the link to it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003J59XTM/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

Should have pics up later today.

box looks killer...wishing we had a circle jig for my box...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

box looks killer...wishing we had a circle jig for my box...

Thanks man! Yea I've cut sub holes with a jigsaw before (years ago when I first got into car audio) but I will never cut another hole without a router again.

Well I didn't get anything else done today like I had hoped...I got tied up babysitting for a friend who had some teeth pulled today (actually one of the wife's friends) but here is a pic with first baffle on and the rest of the 45's in. Tomorrow I hope to get it finished.

8ed18664.jpg

Oh and on a side note, I plan on painting the box, but I'm gonna wait till I can see if I like it firing forward or back. If it sounds better forward (which I expect it to) I will paint after I seal it off, but no sense in doing it till I get it all figured out. I may primer it before I put it in the car but idk yet.

Archived