sprkn_ranger's DC audio build. *Kerfing has begun*

Looks like I'm gonna be able to finally tune my amp! Ken (Orionstang) is gonna head up to my place this weekend and I'm gonna help him out with his baffle and he's gonna bring hiss DD-1 and CC-1 :yahoo:

On a side note, I've been thinking on how I'm gonna seal off the box to the trunk, and would like some ideas. I don't want it to be permanent so I don't want to just spray a bunch of foam everywhere. Any ideas??

Pool Noodles

EDIT: was being sarcastic.

MDF Shroud is what i'd do. Listen to Ken two posts down tho.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Looks like I'm gonna be able to finally tune my amp! Ken (Orionstang) is gonna head up to my place this weekend and I'm gonna help him out with his baffle and he's gonna bring hiss DD-1 and CC-1 :yahoo:

On a side note, I've been thinking on how I'm gonna seal off the box to the trunk, and would like some ideas. I don't want it to be permanent so I don't want to just spray a bunch of foam everywhere. Any ideas??

use plastic between the foam and car. Then when you pull it out it wont be stuck to the car. Should still seal it up fine. And BTW nice job on the box.

Oh and for gaps bigger than a inch or so dont bother with great stuff, use two part urethane foam. It expands far more and cures very quickly.

I can give you some pointers on sealing once I see the setup. Should be a fun/productive day.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

use plastic between the foam and car. Then when you pull it out it wont be stuck to the car. Should still seal it up fine. And BTW nice job on the box.

That's what I was thinking about, I don't mind spraying the foam somewhere that's hidden, but I want to be able to pull it all out and make it look stock if I sell it so the plastic might just be the trick. I was also thinking about using painters tape too.

Oh and thanks for the compliments man!! :D

I can give you some pointers on sealing once I see the setup. Should be a fun/productive day.

Yea I was def gonna pick your brain a lil bit...but was gonna let you see it all first. And yes we should get some shit done for sure.

Pool Noodles

EDIT: was being sarcastic.

MDF Shroud is what i'd do. Listen to Ken two posts down tho.

Lol yea I figured you were :good: but shit it might be a cheap way to fill some gaps! Lol

that Box is looking good! nice work..

03 Dodge Caravan SE

Alt. Stock

Head: JVC KD-A615

AMP: BOSS PH4000D Phantom Series Class D Monoblock

Mids-Highs:

2 JVC CS-HX6947X 6X9 490w

2 JVC CS-V6937 DRVN 6X9 310w

2 JVC CS-V527 DRVN 5-1/4" 200w

Box: 2 Q Power 15" Woofers New Deluxe 2,000watts each

Carpeted and not ported

My small budget build

http://www.stevemead...n-budget-build/

that Box is looking good! nice work..

Thanks man!

Ken (Orionstang) came out to my place today, and I helped him with his baffle on his wall and he tuned my amp with his DD-1 and CC-1 and it sounds a lot better...I had it tuned pretty close it turns out, but I definitely gained some output and it sounds better overall now so I'm happy! :D

I wish I could rent one for a day. I could see forking out for one if I built systems all the time, but when I think about upgrading my amp for my front stage, and it's about the same price as a DD-1, I can't justify buying one right now.

Time to hit up the boss for a raise.

How's sealing off forward working out? got anything done yet?

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived