sprkn_ranger's DC audio build. *Kerfing has begun*

Just take your time on those kerfs. If they come out like your practice run, it'll be beautiful.

Thanks man! Yea I'm gonna do a few more practice kerfs to experiment how the mdf reacts to different depths of the cuts.

I'm trying to design a box similar to this for someone, looks good. Where your ports merge is it twice the width of top of the "T" port width?

When the port bends at the back and runs against the back wall, the width of the port is halved.

So if my port is 3" it drops down to 1.5 inches after it bends.

I'm trying to design a box similar to this for someone, looks good. Where your ports merge is it twice the width of top of the "T" port width?

When the port bends at the back and runs against the back wall, the width of the port is halved.

this is perfect, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to keep the port width uniform throughout the entire "T" or if it was how you explained. Thanks a lot man

this is perfect, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to keep the port width uniform throughout the entire "T" or if it was how you explained. Thanks a lot man

No prob, I wasn't 100% sure either until just a few posts up when RickyFriery97 clarified it for me lol. I was pretty sure that's how it worked but wasn't certain.

Well I wasn't able to go get the MDF yet but I was able to get a cutsheet drawn out. I find it very helpful to draw up a cutsheet in google sketchup so I can see exactly where I need to make my cuts on the sheet. Also so I can see exactly where to have Lowes cut the full sheet down into thirds so I can fit them in my Tahoe :D

Here's a pic:

boxandcutsheet.jpg

Hopefully I can go get the sheet tonight :glare:

one thing you might try also is flare the end of the port piece that is in the box. Might help with flow getting the air into the port and out.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

one thing you might try also is flare the end of the port piece that is in the box. Might help with flow getting the air into the port and out.

So you mean instead of doing just the 90 degree kerf I have do more like a 180 degree kerf? I was planin on doing a round over on that edge but now you got me thinking. Lol

Archived