sprkn_ranger's DC audio build. *Kerfing has begun*

one thing you might try also is flare the end of the port piece that is in the box. Might help with flow getting the air into the port and out.

So you mean instead of doing just the 90 degree kerf I have do more like a 180 degree kerf? I was planin on doing a round over on that edge but now you got me thinking. Lol

Not talking about a complete 90 degree turn, but more like a 45 degree kerf on it.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

one thing you might try also is flare the end of the port piece that is in the box. Might help with flow getting the air into the port and out.

So you mean instead of doing just the 90 degree kerf I have do more like a 180 degree kerf? I was planin on doing a round over on that edge but now you got me thinking. Lol

Not talking about a complete 90 degree turn, but more like a 45 degree kerf on it.

Yea I gotcha...how would that affect the port length? I would have to make it a bit longer to maintain my effective port length, right?

just an inch or two. I wouldn't sweat it tbh. But that is me.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

just an inch or two. I wouldn't sweat it tbh. But that is me.

Cool, yea I wasn't gonna worry too much either, but thought I would ask cause I was curious to how large flares affected port length.

Thanks man! :good:

Well got some work done today...not much but it's progress!

I got all my cuts made (except for the kerfs) for the new box!

Lots of dust:

e0a6cddb.jpg

Cut boards:

f0935d1a.jpg

And in other news, I found out my wife is pregnant with our 4th child! It was a big surprise too seeing as she has her tubes tied. I thought we are done lol.

bb62fcbb.jpg

I'm excited about it now that the shock has worn off lol.

Well I got everything all marked out for my sub hole cutouts and a few other things I needed to measure to get ready to cut the holes, but it's too late to start cutting (damn neighbors :glare: ). I'm hoping to get the holes and the kerfs cut on Wednesday and start putting it all together.

Archived