Second Skin Audio

Help with subs......

I noticed no one mentioned the fact that if you change subs that box may not be any good. What is the mounting depth on the box? Wasn't it built to the specs of the G2's you currently have? and since you are buying four subs and have about $400 to spend why not look at getting 2 really nice 10's or 12's that do around 600-750w rms and building a ported box to specs. I think you would really like the sound better than where you are now. That's just my $.02 but if you are dead set on 4 10's look at the MBQuarts or PPI Art class nice budget subs or the Sundown e10 even though I am sure the sundowns and skars sound better ported. With a $400 dollar budget for subs I would really look into getting something worth it and putting more time into build a better quality box. I would venture to say a pair of DC level 3 10's or 12's could be had for a little over $400. I think you would be happier in the long run if you just took the time and got a pair of quality subs.

^^^worth being addressed.

Yup - or just address the fact that the box you have is probably junk. You can just spend a little $$ on MDF and make a new box that wont sound like crap.

edit- - - I'm agreeing with IBleed up there, just in less words.

Edited by pstone11

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

I didn't want to be rude and say but since I am not the first no offense to you we all start somewhere but that box looks like it doesn't produce a good sound I honestly think if you take the time to design a simple slot ported enclosure for those g2's or even a correctly assembled sealed one it will sound beast I really think the box is your issue on this one. Hell for the price of a combo at Mickey d's you can hit up 412CVX and have design something for you. I would step back and think about all the corners you have cut before and address this issue first. The more I think about it BA is not a bs brand and you should be seeing a lower output than that.

In short x2 what stone said...your box is probably junk.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I have really been thinking abouot the whole "start from scratch" idea. I honestly dont feel comfortable building a ported box yet. I have been looking at a few different things but this keeps coming back to me. Is this a good deal???

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123519-2-skar-vvx-12s-custom-ported-box-special-38999-shipped/

let me know what you guys think??

Car

1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6

Deck

Kenwood DDX-512 Head Unit

Doors

(2) Diamond Audio DA6.6 6.5's

(2) Cerwin Vega 3" Horn Tweeters

(1) Alpine MRP-F240 for Doors & Tweets

Rear Deck(on factory wiring)

(2) JVC 6.5's

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6x9's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

(1) MBQuart ONX1500.1D for Subs

Wiring

Cadence 4AWG for MBQuart Amp

Advance Auto 8 AWG for Alpine Amp

Cadence and Monster 4 AWG Wire to Kinetic HC1200

Batteries

Stock Replacement up front

Kinetic HC1200 in the back for the amps.

And yes "I drive a Dodge Stratus"

Here is my build log:

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Anyone?

Car

1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6

Deck

Kenwood DDX-512 Head Unit

Doors

(2) Diamond Audio DA6.6 6.5's

(2) Cerwin Vega 3" Horn Tweeters

(1) Alpine MRP-F240 for Doors & Tweets

Rear Deck(on factory wiring)

(2) JVC 6.5's

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6x9's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

(1) MBQuart ONX1500.1D for Subs

Wiring

Cadence 4AWG for MBQuart Amp

Advance Auto 8 AWG for Alpine Amp

Cadence and Monster 4 AWG Wire to Kinetic HC1200

Batteries

Stock Replacement up front

Kinetic HC1200 in the back for the amps.

And yes "I drive a Dodge Stratus"

Here is my build log:

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I have really been thinking abouot the whole "start from scratch" idea. I honestly dont feel comfortable building a ported box yet. I have been looking at a few different things but this keeps coming back to me. Is this a good deal???

http://www.stevemead...-38999-shipped/

let me know what you guys think??

You have the perfect amp for those subs, I also think it would fit your car well and leave some space for other stuff.

You need to like the sound of those subs though.