Without seeing a scanner and looking at a data stream is damn near impossible to fix these newer cars over a thread. Your best bet is to sped the money on a diagnoses... Possible injector and also the intake gaskets are known to leak and suck a little air. FYI when the check engine light is flashing its not real safe to drive could damage other things...

Oh don't forget the plug wire

x2...if the CEL is flashing from a misfire code it normally means its missing so bad unburned raw gas is leaking into your converter

it depends on y its misfiring if its a lean condition caused by lack of fuel in that cylinder then its very bad due to detonation, and you can ask any turbo owner or high compression engine owner and they'll tell you the devastating effects of detonation or preignition but if its a spark problem the only real issue is the exhaust pipe getting hot enough to ignite the unburnt fuel and could get the exhaust hot enough to set the carpet on fire but ive never seen it happen, not to say it couldnt lol

To me that looks normal for an original plug. I just looks like a little moisture causing a little rust on the plug. I personally go back with the spark plug that it come with from the factory.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

another thing you can do to test the injector is use a noid light to see if its working right or check the resistance of the injectors to see if there all the same

The noid light and resistance test is good for testing the electrical portion of an injector but for the mechanical part the only options are the pressure drop test and and physical inspection but pulling injectors on a whim is a pain in the ass, but good advice i forgot about it lol

yea we just went over this in my class like 2 weeks ago lol.

OP: i have access to all data and mitchell on demand if you need anything

What is all data and mitcell on demand?

basically hes saying he has access to a comprehensive manual on testing and specifications which come in handy diagnosing problems like this

450c3e9f.jpg

I put in Autolite iridium plugs.

Anything beyond what I've done is out of my realm, for those tests (compression, injectors) what would I be looking at as a rough estimate?

is that the plug from cylinder 8

Yes, that was 8's plug

Was that the before and after?

another thing you can do to test the injector is use a noid light to see if its working right or check the resistance of the injectors to see if there all the same

The noid light and resistance test is good for testing the electrical portion of an injector but for the mechanical part the only options are the pressure drop test and and physical inspection but pulling injectors on a whim is a pain in the ass, but good advice i forgot about it lol

yea we just went over this in my class like 2 weeks ago lol.

OP: i have access to all data and mitchell on demand if you need anything

What is all data and mitcell on demand?

It is a service that automotive technicians use to look up repair times, how to do repairs, technical service bulletins, schematics, etc.

It is a service that automotive technicians use to look up repair times, how to do repairs, technical service bulletins, schematics, etc.

this^^^

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

Without seeing a scanner and looking at a data stream is damn near impossible to fix these newer cars over a thread. Your best bet is to sped the money on a diagnoses... Possible injector and also the intake gaskets are known to leak and suck a little air. FYI when the check engine light is flashing its not real safe to drive could damage other things...

x2...if the CEL is flashing from a misfire code it normally means its missing so bad unburned raw gas is leaking into your converter

it depends on y its misfiring if its a lean condition caused by lack of fuel in that cylinder then its very bad due to detonation, and you can ask any turbo owner or high compression engine owner and they'll tell you the devastating effects of detonation or preignition but if its a spark problem the only real issue is the exhaust pipe getting hot enough to ignite the unburnt fuel and could get the exhaust hot enough to set the carpet on fire but ive never seen it happen, not to say it couldnt lol

I do understand what you are saying, but we have no clue why it has a miss fire. It still could cause the converter to go bad. It flashes for the reason not to drive it to cause other problems.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

when my cylinder 4 was misfiring it was due to a bad head gasket. i followed same steps as yourself. In the end the loss of compression was due to a bad gasket. start with cheapest solutions first and hopefully one will hit. worst case scenario, if you wanna take on the job you'll learn how to put an engine together sort of like I did. Plus you won't have to work on a Benz, which the parts are expensive as fuck for on the smallest items. Goodluck!!

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

I do understand what you are saying, but we have no clue why it has a miss fire. It still could cause the converter to go bad. It flashes for the reason not to drive it to cause other problems.

i was just clarifying what you said, i shouldve worded it better but its 1 in the morning and my brains not all there lol. i also forgot to mention that the heat could cause the converter to break up and clog the exhaust, which in turn will cause more fire issues or manifold cracking if it will even still run

10-4 its only 11 where I'm at

ngk plugs r fine in domestics, thats the one of the dumber things ive heard. Swap injectors like you did coil packs, or go rent a compression tester from autozone. The intake gaskets on these truck are prone to leaking, but theres no coolant goin throught them so its an easy change,

DSC_0127-2-1.jpg

Archived