Second Skin Audio

sub out of phase? Please help

KenC210

Ok so it was stated that my subs may be out of phase while someone was watching a vid i posted.... well i went to check and see if it was not just the camera.... So it wasnt that noticeable while playing on higher freq so i tried something around 25hz and i noticed it a little more. right now its 2 aq sdc 2.5 15's in a slot ported box with the port down center. each sub has its own amp (kicker zx1000.1). Neither amp is at full power i did use the dd-1 to set gains and then matched the amp with a dmm i also lowered that the gains a substantial amount to ensure i wasn't getting the full power out my amp but staying around the same volts out of the speaker terminals.

so just wondering if it could be due to something i have done with the gain setting or box design. my guess would be box design because my port does not have anything on the back wall to direct air flow out of port. Any other suggestions??

is this a 180* phase shift? that will happen if you wire one sub backwards. do the amps have a phase knob or switch?

gain and box wont do anything to phase. they both could make one sub move less than the other though.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived