Second Skin Audio

Box i just got. but idk...

Oh and I wouldn't tune to 42hz unless your competing...tune closer to 33-37 for daily. If you want to make your freinds uncomfortable in your car then you need more cone area and more power, not a higher tuning. :good:

Idk why MTX would tell him that if their website or whatever calls for something else. If I were you I'd call MTX and see what they say and then when they tell you to put them in a box half as big as the one you have, go to that shop and pressure them into making it right for you. $200 bucks is a lot for something that isn't right. Looks like they just threw it together too. Give them the box back an get your money back and build it yourself.

that might have to be what i do , if all else fails :P sell it on craigslist an have a new one made.

i have not been able to find any mtx enclosures for 2 of the 9500's . is it odd that the the differences between mtx spc for a 12 an a 15 is only .4sq?

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

Oh and I wouldn't tune to 42hz unless your competing...tune closer to 33-37 for daily. If you want to make your freinds uncomfortable in your car then you need more cone area and more power, not a higher tuning. :good:

as is 3 out of 5 people that have been in my truck jump out within 2sec. set off a lot of car alarms too. been yelled at 4 time (only had the box foe 5 days lol now i want to know what it would be like with a proper Box!

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

Well if MTX calls for only that big a difference between a 12" and a 15" for box volume then that's probably right. They know their subs better than anyone else. Just do some looking around here and some reading and talk to mazdaspl or cvx412 or even ram designs for a design and build it yourself. You'll be way happier.

Well if MTX calls for only that big a difference between a 12" and a 15" for box volume then that's probably right. They know their subs better than anyone else. Just do some looking around here and some reading and talk to mazdaspl or cvx412 or even ram designs for a design and build it yourself. You'll be way happier.

thanks for all the help. i think cvx posted 1st but hasn't said much yet :)

MTX suggests a box which is 2.48 cubic feet at 32Hz, port area per cubic feet of net volume is 11.617

But probably that is a compact suggestion.

yes, thats what my paper work said along with plans to make it.

CVX is working on a double 4th order bandpass box :) should rock

called MTX .... they said the box is spot on ....? with the sub air displacement it is correct?

still just dont seem to be right . bandpass is what i will go with in any case

Likely the your problem was not the box you have.. ALONE.. bottom line you want it louder.. Chaging tuning helps a lot sometimes (EXPLANATION: As pointed out on an earlier post your port area per cube is 8.5 so you can rebuild your port to get better port area and ADDITIONALY a higher tuning could be chosen if modelling supports the possibility of increased output )...or you can gain a few dBs also with a 2:1 type 4th bandpass...

Edited by Joe X

Changing the tuning has nothing to do with this. it's the fact that there isn't nearly enough port area is the problem.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.