Brandon_4078

Man, you know golden horns are always going to sound the best. THIRTEEN OF THEM! :peepwall:

:rofl: knew that was coming. I prefer silk domes but stared playing with pro audio and super tweets recently takes some tuning and playing with but once you get it there they aren't so harsh but the factory dash speakers is usually not a tweeter but somewhat acting as one depends on the vehicle. I did an 04 scion Xb recently and the dash speakers were 3.5" speakers seeing a higher frequency I replaced them with a pair of ppi pt.2 and did seleniums in the doors sounds really good blends well with his 900w sub stage

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Most of my experience has been in home audio and I really like Infinitys older Kappa series EMIT ribbon tweeters. Other than that ive had silk domes. Have some Boston Acoustics metal domes but havent had a chance to power them up yet.

Man, you know golden horns are always going to sound the best. THIRTEEN OF THEM! :peeIopwall:

Not sure what the reference is but it must have been a good one.

So it seems like most think that the dome tweeters are the best design.

Silk and ring radiators are my favs

Have you herd the dome tweeters, if so how did the compare?

"The only man who makes no mistakes is the man who never does anything" -Theodore Roosevelt

Horns, ribbons, and planars. I do like silk dome tweeters though. Very pleasant sound.

Most of my experience has been in home audio and I really like Infinitys older Kappa series EMIT ribbon tweeters. Other than that ive had silk domes. Have some Boston Acoustics metal domes but havent had a chance to power them up yet.

How did they compare to one another in tweeter design (not material), positives and negitives of each? (accuracy, qualiy, sound dispertion, etc)

"The only man who makes no mistakes is the man who never does anything" -Theodore Roosevelt

Man, you know golden horns are always going to sound the best. THIRTEEN OF THEM! :peeIopwall:

Will find it...having trouble finding it...it's that badass that it's hidden...

Edit: Can't find it. But it's a video of a guy who had like thirteen PA horns and a single Kicker subwoofer spray painted in gold...I can't find the video...it's funny as fuck.

POTATO!

Horns, ribbons, and planars. I do like silk dome tweeters though. Very pleasant sound.

How did they compare to one another in tweeter design (not material), positives and negitives of each? (accuracy, qualiy, sound dispertion, etc)

You could literally write a book about these different kinds of tweeters. Horns are very efficient but most have peaks in the vocal range. Great dynamics, Ribbons are less efficient (for the most part) and like some planars they have a larger radiating area. Some are also dipoles, that is to say that they radiate sound from the front and the back.

Here are a couple links to look at to get a better idea.

Planar

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-715

Ribbons

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=276-400

Horns

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=279-102

Each one has different uses and some have specific locations they will need to be mounted due to off and on axis freq. response.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

You could literally write a book about these different kinds of tweeters. Horns are very efficient but most have peaks in the vocal range. Great dynamics, Ribbons are less efficient (for the most part) and like some planars they have a larger radiating area. Some are also dipoles, that is to say that they radiate sound from the front and the back.

Here are a couple links to look at to get a better idea.

Planar

http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=264-715

Ribbons

http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=276-400

Horns

http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=279-102

Each one has different uses and some have specific locations they will need to be mounted due to off and on axis freq. response.

Great links! I'm gonna have to dig around that sight for tweeters and see what they all say. I know there is a lot to cover about them, they can get complicated, just kinda looking for the general best for each place (door, dash, etc.) and which are more accurate design ways. Thanks again for the great links!

Will find it...having trouble finding it...it's that badass that it's hidden...

Edit: Can't find it. But it's a video of a guy who had like thirteen PA horns and a single Kicker subwoofer spray painted in gold...I can't find the video...it's funny as fuck.

Hahaha thats funny as hell!

NEUMAN, any tweeters,midrange,woofer is a driver. A tweeter is a high freq. driver, mid is a mid freq. driver and subwoofer is a low frequency driver.

I like silk dome tweeters, horns, ring radiator, ribbon tweeters and a few composite tweeters.

thanks for the lesson......like i'm a retard or something. i know they all are drivers. but honestly when what the last time you heard someone say oh man your tweeter drivers are awesome. you didn't so don't lie. i personally don't consider a tweeter a "driver" it's a tweet. normally if it has "cone area" in the sense he was saying "it looks like a small woofer." i'm not going to consider that a tweeter any longer. it's in the realm of a high freq mid. in my eyes there is a difining line around 1.5" that makes a tweeter or a high freq mid. anything smaller is tweet to me. unless you are speaking of super tweeters or horns. sorry the term i used to ask a question was sub par for your liking.

o/p - i'm glad you are gettgin the information you need.

that video can be found on you tube with a little searching. its stupid funny. guy is from the south and is a saints fan. he has the spear thing painted on his box also if memory serves me correctly.

NEUMAN

Archived