Second Skin Audio

Sealed Box Project - need advice

Good idea, better to get some good mid's and high's also, especially if you listen to metal where treble is king where bass isn't as big. Sound deadening is a good investment also, rattle sucks, and it'll make the inside better acoustically, so you'll get better sound quality just by putting in sound deadening.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

truth be told i dont hear any rattling from my car.. (only some change in the cup holder lol, would it be hard to convert the box to a ported box after i build it as a sealed? , im gonna go to bestbuy/futureshop and try to listen to some metal on ported boxes and see how it sounds, if i really like it ill make a ported box tommorow using the dimensions i posted above. in the event that i do what freq should i tune it at and where should i put the slot on the box?.

Edited by kreator_destruction_sodom

Depends on how big the sealed box is, but it's better to start from scratch when building a ported box. Best Buy is usually a terrible place to test out ported boxes cause prefab ported boxes are usually too small, and tuned too high cause the stupid mainstream car audio motto is "Sealed box = sq, ported = spl" which isn't true at all.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Depends on how big the sealed box is, but it's better to start from scratch when building a ported box. Best Buy is usually a terrible place to test out ported boxes cause prefab ported boxes are usually too small, and tuned too high cause the stupid mainstream car audio motto is "Sealed box = sq, ported = spl" which isn't true at all.

dimensions of the box i want to build

width 33 inches

height 14 inches

depth 20 inches

cubic feet = 4.21549

thats how big the new sealed box is supposed to be.

I honestly find it a bad idea to convert a sealed box to a ported box.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

ok so im going with the sealed box, why not give it a shot. heres how i plan on building the box as per kicker spec, from the Kicker Comp manual.

1d3A1.jpg

my main question is , i double checked the dimensions using torre's box tuning calculator and it gave me something different, torre's box tuning calculator says that front/back (A) panels should be in between the top/down( B ) panels like ( C ) is in the figure above. now i dont know how to build it, should i follow the figure above and build it like that or put the front/back (A) panels in between the top/down ( B ) panels. ???

A

Edited by kreator_destruction_sodom

build it like that right there... 4 cubes is HUGE for a pair of tens. but 4 cubes in a sealed box i'd imagine would be damn near infinite baffle

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.