dd-1 questions for kenwood headunit

You are overthinking this way too much dude haha

Bass boost at 0

Sub level at max

Low pass set to 'thru' or all the way up

High pass set to 'thru' or all the way down

Turn all other EQs or enhancement to off or 0

mayb its just my ears then...i jus didnt think the 1500 was louder when it should have been noticeably louder compared to where i set the gain on the 1k

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns

You are overthinking this way too much dude haha

Bass boost at 0

Sub level at max

Low pass set to 'thru' or all the way up

High pass set to 'thru' or all the way down

Turn all other EQs or enhancement to off or 0

Could this also be the same as full 'thur'

Edited by Go-N-Def

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

are you saying that the bass is not louder now with a bigger amp? Here is my question. Did you have the gains set with the old headunit using a dd1? If not then you where probably louder before because you may have been clipping and not known it. You can have clipping on your subs and not hear it pretty easy. Also the manual says to set the subs with -5db not 0db. Not sure if you did this or not. If i misunderstood you, then just ignore my rambling.

a 500 watt increase isn't going to be night and day usually, even going from 2k from 1k will, in a perfect world, yield a 3db increase, which you most likely wouldn't notice too much. Even if it 's not too much louder, you're around the same output while knowing your equipment's safe. :good:

a 500 watt increase isn't going to be night and day usually, even going from 2k from 1k will, in a perfect world, yield a 3db increase, which you most likely wouldn't notice too much. Even if it 's not too much louder, you're around the same output while knowing your equipment's safe. :good:

it shuld tho bc i had the gain set VERY low bc of a small 40a fuse under the hood i didnt wanna pop...so u figure it was doing at most 500w, not including where i set the gain so it wuldnt pop...and yes, i do understand that fuses dont always pop at the rated load and thats its usually double, but even then, it still would be at MOST 1k, again, not including where i set the gain...it was honestly at about 1/8...the kenwood has 2v preouts as well...thats why im saying, it could have just been my ears when i did it...i was gettin demos all day from 156db trucks and cars at the meet

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns