Second Skin Audio

southern il im looking to do a big system build!!

Hey guys im thinking of walling the back of my truck * honda ridgeline* looking at american bass hd's, or fi audio or..audioque wanting atleast 4 15's! and about 7k watts either 1 or 2 amps..OK anyways I have never build a wall before or a box for that matter, I can build tho so keep that in mind. I have never ran wire in a vehical either but there is wire already ran so couldnt i just follow it and replace it with 0 ga? looking for all the info I can get before i rip out the seats next week and start this big project :detail::trippy: . Also if there is anyone in southern il that has free time to help that would be SWEET! I'd pay of course.

links to any good info on wall building or wiring is very appreciated.

Leave ALL factory wiring intact, unless you're running mids/highs off seperate amp, than don't hook mids/highs into factory wiring.

Run the 1/0ga seperate from the vehicles electrical system, (only run from alt to batt, batt to batt bank etc etc)

Hope this helps

EDIT: Be prepared for everyone to tell you to get a fucking AA, or Fi, or DC.

Edited by EricM9104

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

You're going to hear this a lot, but take out the time, sit down and write out your goals for your system. Write out your budget, and do research on brands and equipment, and make decisions. I have been planning my build for around 2 years now. I am still not 100% on everything so it just goes to show, research is key man, make the right decisions the first time through and don't waste a bunch of time and money.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yea ive been looking for a while now and have my budget set just really wanting to do it without a big audio place doing it and charging more then 4k+

i can prolly get em hooked up... but a wall with 7k aint gonna be cheap man.. even installing it yourself its gonna cost you close to 4k by the time electrical and everything is done to support that much power along with building materials,subs, amps, wire, good headunit,

Edited by pa-pa-platypus

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4