smokeumtires Posted December 19, 2007 Report Posted December 19, 2007 Okay ill vent a little...the guy was on cutomtacos.com.When I owned my toyota this guy started bashin me as soon as i lifted it an first I was like "FUCK IT everyone it entitled to there own opinions".But it never stopped,Every post he would dis my truck.I made a vid of me playin in the mountains ans launchin on the beach, and this fucktard post that I should be banned from the forum because I dont follow proper eticite*sp* when wheeling.I came back saying all I was doin was having fun and if we wheeled together we would have a blast....he called me a moron and a 'DUMB HAWAIIAN' sayin I would run home with my tail in between my legs if I saw the trails on the mainland.MAn I was losing it...I wanted to beat the sonofabitch down sooooo bad for dissin me my driving style and my heritage...and maintained my cool and I still got my postin privilages taken from me because I was defending myself. All I can say is if I ever seen this guy on vacation in the HI he'd be the perfect example to people why not piss off hawaiians.....sorry guys...I needed to get that out The vid I showed was just me and my boys surfin and me havin fun in my toyota.I really dont know why i got bashed so hard all I was doin was havin fun heres the vid...all of this was shot 5 min. from my house........with an exception of tahiti on some waves.But you should check it out the timin is off because of uploadin to the net but tell me what you guys think Im riding the white and yellow bodyboard on some waves.
Jman08 Posted December 19, 2007 Report Posted December 19, 2007 Nice vid man where were those waves at? Youtube.com/J Hutch22
smokeumtires Posted December 19, 2007 Report Posted December 19, 2007 Nice vid man where were those waves at?North Shore of Kauai....Ill post the vid in the off topic so I dont thread jack this one
Jcoleman134 Posted December 19, 2007 Report Posted December 19, 2007 The thing i hate the most about ANY forum is this: When pepole think they are to good/important to post on another guys topic! Lets say a newbie (i call everyone that is new to anything newbies, just the way i am) starts a new topic about his first car and just baught some xpold 12"`s that he just put in, and nobody even bothers to give him pointers cuz he dosent use brans like RF/RE/FI etc. and he has a pre-fab box! WHY THE HELL, dosent anyone bother posting and giving pointers (i know im stepping on someones toes, i meen the guys that actually bother to post and be as helpfull as they can fucking be) So some of you need to stop beeing such a stuck up fool and start helping pepole here who actually could need some pointers! As for me i have allways gotten help on norwegian forums (Pepole like Anders Fleischer who has been EMMA champion MANY times has the time to help me) That is all! Yeah i know what your saying, But i have seen alot of times on this forum where the members here help people out in that type of situation. SMD FTW!
LSN2meBoom916 Posted December 19, 2007 Report Posted December 19, 2007 The thing i hate the most about ANY forum is this: When pepole think they are to good/important to post on another guys topic! Lets say a newbie (i call everyone that is new to anything newbies, just the way i am) starts a new topic about his first car and just baught some xpold 12"`s that he just put in, and nobody even bothers to give him pointers cuz he dosent use brans like RF/RE/FI etc. and he has a pre-fab box! WHY THE HELL, dosent anyone bother posting and giving pointers (i know im stepping on someones toes, i meen the guys that actually bother to post and be as helpfull as they can fucking be) So some of you need to stop beeing such a stuck up fool and start helping pepole here who actually could need some pointers! As for me i have allways gotten help on norwegian forums (Pepole like Anders Fleischer who has been EMMA champion MANY times has the time to help me) That is all! You're entitled to your opinion like anyone else bro but I'd say (IMO) you're making a pretty big assumtion there.Unless someone says "You should get better equipment" or something along those lines, I would not be so quick to assume "people are being stuck up fools" for not giving you the run down on all things audio in your post. A lot of times the guys that know the most, have been doing this (audio) and answering Q's for a long time and just get burnt out on answering the "noob" Q's all day. Sometimes you just gotta be patient and hope someone who know's the answer or has some good info FINDS you Q, and has the desire to enlighten you. Personally, I have viewed topics like you mentioned, and was not feeling like explaining the basics right then, especially when I know there a bunch of other guys that could do the same. THERE ARE TIMES that I seek out those Q's and just try to tie up alotta loose ends that way but I try to leave the basic stuff for the guys that might not have much more knowledge than the guy posting and let THEM answer and I might just chime in if they get off track. Maybe thats me being a "douche" but I know how busy I am w/ work/school/family/etc so I'm not losing any sleep over anyone being mad that I didnt jump on thier topic immediately. An option YOU have is always to search more (this site and the net in general-it's ALL out there) or even PM a person who seems to know what they're talkin about. If you ask someone personally and they won't comment back I'd say THEN you have reason to call them stuck up. But again that's just my opinion- I don't see alot of "stuck up" folks on this sight-BRAND LOYAL maybe, but it's pretty well accepted here "to each his own". COOGLE SAID:"bro thats how we got where we are... buy making messes ...... i still learn all the time you just gota be willing to ruck up some shit" "In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd." ~ Miguel de Unamuno"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men, but no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man" -Elbert Hubbard"A proud man can learn humility...but he will be proud of that too" ~I forget who.I'm far from perfect and I know it better than anyone, but I hope to be good at what I do, when I do it...Installs I've done:My Integra: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=3161The Lexus : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=1535Law's Maxima: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=5568&hl=Jeff's 2500HD: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=5382&hl=Acura RSX-S: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=3142Z-32 300zx: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=34602004 Civic 4dr: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=8190Trunk/Corner Box: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=16036&hl=1969 Chevy C-10: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=20319&hl=Seat-Back AMP-RACK How-to: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=9428&hl=Bunch of subs still for salehttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...l=lsn2meboom916"It's game night...we're playin......sex."~Quagmire"When disneyland started it was powered completely by orphan children running on treadmills to generate e-lectrissty…and today, them children are New York Yankees". ~Dale Gribble"Fill it with ice...then pour it up to the top of the ice...& Shut da Fu** up!" ~Urs truly.
XtremeSPL-SCAMMER Posted December 19, 2007 Report Posted December 19, 2007 when i started doing bass competitions i had 2 kicker comps 12" single vc subs and 2 pioneer 760 watt amps. and NEVER did anyone at any competition give me shit.. i have seen people compete with audiobahn subs and a bandpass box. i had help from kingsuv, and others trying to help me at competitons with my CHEAP equipment.. so.. there i will have to say it dont matter what you run.. IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend
XtremeSPL-SCAMMER Posted December 19, 2007 Report Posted December 19, 2007 Lsn2: i agree with you.. i am not loosing any sleep over some guy running re, jbl, pioneer, ma, audiobahn, etc.. if it means we get a few more people to come out and compete i dont GIVE A FUCK what they run.. and once they start competing they are going to get better shit, once they see what other people run and how great it does.. I can say this cause i did it.. Nordic Dude: I started with kicker Comps 12" woofers, then went to Re Re 12" woofers.Then after i blew those i knew that KingSuv ran powerbass woofers, and by knowing how good he runs with those i bought 2 powerbass 15" woofers and then when those subs were going down hill I bought another 2. Which i would still be running but they got stollen. So now i am trying my luck with a Fi 15" woofer. So.. just because a guy starts with a cheap system, doesnt mean he is gonna stick with it.. Even when i had my 2 powerbass 15's i kept my pioneer amps to power them, and AGAIN NO ONE SAID ANYTHING about my setup. I am not a professional bass racer Nor DB dragger.. I do this for fun.. I dont have thousands and thousands of dollars to poor into a system, and have countless sponcers to give me shit.. I pay for everything i run..and it comes out of my pocket.. here in sacramento area where i compete with all these guys, NO ONE stomps on your toes.. i dont know where the fuck you live, and how those people act, but here... everyone in the bass comps is like family, we are always down to help each other out REGARDLESS of brand they run. Maybe you need to find a new family to hang out with and compete with if your are getting your toes stomped on.. cause thats not how it is out here.. Then judging people based souly on where you are froma nd how you see things DONT ALWAYS mean that everyone is like that.. [/rant] IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend
NordicDude Posted December 20, 2007 Report Posted December 20, 2007 Ok let me just clear something up here! I was saying that, i see, very often, that guys or girls with poor equipment dont get any comments or help on their systems. If they ask a trivial question as where to put the ground wire, i meen i see some that have a reputation in car stereo dont even bother typing and explaining that to that person! But a "not-as-known" guy comes and saves the day! That is all! I meen even though you have a known name in car stereo you can lend out a helping hand, that is all! Its just that i have seen it so many times! Im not naming any names (nick names) or anything! Because i see it so little here! If you go over to other car stereo forums you see it more often! Like, you have the regular posters, who may run 20 15" and the ones that run 1 10" and they answer and help! Then you have the guys that are "known" and run like 2 12" and dont freegin answer! So all im saying is: Regardless of gear and reputation you can actually lend a helping hand to someone who knows/dosent know much! That is all! Hertz - Pioneer - Zealum
EricM9104 Posted December 20, 2007 Report Posted December 20, 2007 <3 this forum. =] This was the first car audio forum I've ever joined... I recently joined another site but rarely ever post there because one, I don't like their layout, and two, I'm afraid of being flamed for asking questions about a system I may be getting this spring or summer..... I know that I'll sure as hell get help here since everyone here's awesome!!!! 2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock 1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit
NotoriouslyLoud Posted December 20, 2007 Report Posted December 20, 2007 I hate one someone will post a questions and not give the thread more then 30 minutes before they are TTTing or bumping a thread. Not everybody on the forum is going to jump on your thread just cause you have a question, and maybe just maybe if you wait an hour or so someone will respond... just give it sometime before you are bumping shit for an answer.... Something else i dont like is people that are on Steve's Nutz... this is absolutely no disrespect to Steve or anything Steve has done, but shit guys he is just a man like anybody else. I feel sometimes that Steve could shit in a box and some of the members would drool over it and do the same. I am not saying Steve is not doing some ball'n shit or is not on top of his game, its just that i dont think people need to ride his nutz over things. AGAIN this is not any disrespect to Steve and if this comment is taken wrong, then i will be dealt with, but i just dont think that people should jock Steve as hard as they do sometimes, i am not trying to take anything away from what Steve has done, but i would imagine he gets tired of it sometimes too. http://www.notoriouslyloudmafia.com http://www.teamwolfpackaudio.com
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.