Sundown Audio

Which amp should i use for coaxial?

khaotickyle

I have four 4ohm coaxial speakers running about 70 watts each. I wasn't sure whether to us a 2 channel or 4 channel and how many watts the amp should be. Since the 2 channel has only 2 sets of postive and negatives, is it fine to run to 2 speaker to one set?

If you already own the 2 channel then you can wire up a pair of coaxials to each other then to each channel and the amp will see 2 ohms so it will be 2 speakers on one channel and 2 speakers on another. A 4 channel would be better and since the coaxials are 70w rms each look for a 4 channel that is at minimum 70w x 4 @ 4 ohms (you can get a stronger amp if possible just be easy on the gains). What is the rms on the 2 channel you have at 4 ohms and at 2 ohms.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Yeah, the coaxials would work on a 2 channel if you wire 2 of them in parallel, and put it in each channel, and whether you get the 4 channel or 2 channel, it should match the rms of the coaxials just to be safe.

Edit: Damn, got ninja-ed lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

If you ran two 4 ohm speakers off of a channel that would b two ohms per channel. See what the power is at 1 channel and what power is at 1 channel bridged. Why not just get an mb quart 80x4 ? And run 4 channels?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Archived