:angry: dell blames jvc, jvc blames my new dell...bottom line i can't upload any video and i am satrting to get pissed :angry:

DOES ANYONE have any suggestions at all??

I have a JVC GR-D270 mini dv camcorder, and just bought a new dell, with vista.....all suggestions are welcome!!!

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

XS Power D6500 up front, Mechman 270 amp alt, 

Front Stage:Hybrid Audio Legatia Tweeters and Midrange drivers in Custom A Pillars, HA Unity 6x9 inch Midbass in the doors, powered by an Arc Audio 1200.6 X2 and connected to a JL TWK 88 DSP

Subwoofers: Four 8 inch Soundqubed Subs in a ported enclosure. Incriminator Audio 20.1 on the subs (@ 1ohm) 

Performance: JBA Headers, Uprev Tuned, Dynomax bullet muffler, 3 inch exhaust all the way back. Air raid CAI.

Wheels: 18 inch Balistic Jester wheels on 33 inch Nitto TG2's

Suspension: 6 inches of lift total. DK UCA's, DK LCA's, Icon coilovers up front, Bilstein Shocks in the rear with 4 inch blocks 

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

Engine: 5.3 DOD Delete, BTR Stage 4 truck Cam, TSP Headers, Gibson Catback exhaust. Tuned by Sam @ Advanced Modern Performance.

Suspension: 2/4 Belkin drop. Belkin Sway bars, Spohn Panhard bar

Audio: Pioneer 8400 NEX Head unit, Audio Dynamics DSP, 6th order enclosure with three 10 inch DC Audio Level 4s behind the third row. Wolfram 4500 on Subs, Wolfram AW 250.4 on the front stage Dual SkyHigh Car Audio 8 inch mid bass in the doors, quad 3.5 inch midrange drivers in the A-Pillars 

Dual Alternators, Mechman 320 powering a CES 40ah Lithium battery, OEM alt has an AGM on it.Viper remote start.

Wheels:  24 inch Luxx wheels/ 305/40 R24

Grammatically speaking, Prolly is not a word.

1394 is also known as firewire or i.link just to let you know, have you tried USB? Does the camera show up on the computer (ex: show up under my computer, make noises when connecting) Is camera in the correct mode to transfer to the computer (ex: is it in usb mode?) Check device manager does it have any "?"'s

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

1394 is also known as firewire or i.link just to let you know, have you tried USB? Does the camera show up on the computer (ex: show up under my computer, make noises when connecting) Is camera in the correct mode to transfer to the computer (ex: is it in usb mode?) Check device manager does it have any "?"'s

that's the funny thing, the computer sees my camara, and at one time I actually captured about 2 minutes worth of video. JVC's website says SOME computers with the agere 1394 port and my particular camera may not be compatible they say "device recognition may fail"

I am lost at this point? :blink:

Front Stage:Hybrid Audio Legatia Tweeters and Midrange drivers in Custom A Pillars, HA Unity 6x9 inch Midbass in the doors, powered by an Arc Audio 1200.6 X2 and connected to a JL TWK 88 DSP

Subwoofers: Four 8 inch Soundqubed Subs in a ported enclosure. Incriminator Audio 20.1 on the subs (@ 1ohm) 

Performance: JBA Headers, Uprev Tuned, Dynomax bullet muffler, 3 inch exhaust all the way back. Air raid CAI.

Suspension: 6 inches of lift total. DK UCA's, DK LCA's, Icon coilovers up front, Bilstein Shocks in the rear with 4 inch blocks 

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

Engine: 5.3 DOD Delete, BTR Stage 4 truck Cam, TSP Headers, Gibson Catback exhaust. Tuned by Sam @ Advanced Modern Performance.

Audio: Pioneer 8400 NEX Head unit, Audio Dynamics DSP, 6th order enclosure with three 10 inch DC Audio Level 4s behind the third row. Wolfram 4500 on Subs, Wolfram AW 250.4 on the front stage Dual SkyHigh Car Audio 8 inch mid bass in the doors, quad 3.5 inch midrange drivers in the A-Pillars 

Dual Alternators, Mechman 320 powering a CES 40ah Lithium battery, OEM alt has an AGM on it.Viper remote start.

that's the funny thing, the computer sees my camara, and at one time I actually captured about 2 minutes worth of video. JVC's website says SOME computers with the agere 1394 port and my particular camera may not be compatible they say "device recognition may fail"

I am lost at this point? :blink:

anyone??? :blush:

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

Do you use a program from JVC to get the video off the cam? Can you import the video off the cam into Windows Movie Maker? When you plug the cam into the Firewire port, does it show up as an external drive or something?

If it shows up as an external drive, go into that and see if you can drag and drop videos from the cam drive onto your desktop.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Do you use a program from JVC to get the video off the cam? Can you import the video off the cam into Windows Movie Maker? When you plug the cam into the Firewire port, does it show up as an external drive or something?

If it shows up as an external drive, go into that and see if you can drag and drop videos from the cam drive onto your desktop.

the computer does NOT see my camera in control panel! movie maker alows me to control my camcorder like play,pause, stop , rewind.... BUT when it comes to actually uploading the video, it fails everytime!!!! JVC blames it on the 1394 port that is installed on my dell it's the (agere 1394) my jvc and the agere don't like each other at all!!!! :mad:

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

If that's the case, you could always get a PCI FireWire controller card.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1074787927900

Stock H/U and mids/highs

NVX LOC

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

you could always get a PCI FireWire controller card.

hey emat, you are right on the money brother!!!! thanks for the information you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::mellow:

THANKS ALOT!

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

You're welcome...

No problem.

Stock H/U and mids/highs

NVX LOC

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust