Second Skin Audio

Fatmat isn't any better then peel and seal, both aren't worth spending the money.

Get some Second skin or soundeadenershowdown CLD tiles, you only need to cover 25% of the surface with a quality CLD tile to reduce vibrations.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Just because you get a sh*t load of material for the price, doesn't mean it's worth doing. :D

I'd recommend doing with our entry level Damplifier and just treat a quarter of the panel with it. You'd be surprised of the results.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

We don't sell a 100 sq. ft. pack, but we do sell a Shop Pack (80 sq. ft.) and a Trunk Pack (20 sq. ft.) of Damplifier.

80 sq. ft. pack is $229.98

20 sq. ft. pack is $69.99

Sub-total: $299.97

15% discount (our current special) - $255.01

Seems expensive compared to the alternative hu? Well keep in mind that amount of Damplifier is enough material to treat several vehicles.

Since as little as 25% of a panel needs to be treated with a CLD (constrained layer damper) to kill panel resonance, I would suggest maybe 40 sq. ft. of material for most vehicles.

For instance.

- 1.5-2 sq. ft. per door.

- 4-5 sq. ft. for the roof.

- 8-12 sq. ft. for the floor (this includes the trunk).

- 1-2 sq. ft. on each quarter panel.

If you want to learn a bit more about sound deadening, panel coverage, and the performance of a few different products. Take a look at this thread.

Or drop me a line. I'm more than happy to answer any and all of your questions, regardless of brand or product you decide to use.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

We don't sell a 100 sq. ft. pack, but we do sell a Shop Pack (80 sq. ft.) and a Trunk Pack (20 sq. ft.) of Damplifier.

80 sq. ft. pack is $229.98

20 sq. ft. pack is $69.99

Sub-total: $299.97

15% discount (our current special) - $255.01

Seems expensive compared to the alternative hu? Well keep in mind that amount of Damplifier is enough material to treat several vehicles.

Since as little as 25% of a panel needs to be treated with a CLD (constrained layer damper) to kill panel resonance, I would suggest maybe 40 sq. ft. of material for most vehicles.

For instance.

- 1.5-2 sq. ft. per door.

- 4-5 sq. ft. for the roof.

- 8-12 sq. ft. for the floor (this includes the trunk).

- 1-2 sq. ft. on each quarter panel.

If you want to learn a bit more about sound deadening, panel coverage, and the performance of a few different products. Take a look at this thread.

Or drop me a line. I'm more than happy to answer any and all of your questions, regardless of brand or product you decide to use.

And just to add a users experience with a true CLD deadener, I put 3 sq. ft. of Alpha Damp in my front doors total (1.5 sq. ft. per door) and it was all I needed. You truly don't need full coverage to deaden the panels resonance.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69