i have a 1987 honda civic 1.5L and i have a problem it overheating. i replaced the radiator cause it rusted out. then i replaced the thermostat. i checked the thermal switch. and idk wat is wrong!!! the only other thing that may be wrong is there might be an air lock somewhere. does any1 have any input, or can any1 help me out??

1987 HONDA CIVIC

(1) Pioneer Head Unit

(1) Kicker KX650.4

(2) Alpine Type E's

(4) MA Audio MA80XE's

sonypspowneryt6.png

hondaownercd0.jpg

gtaplayervz7.gif

bassaddictpm4.jpg

i have a 94 accord (big differnece) but by the thermo is there a bleeder screw? if so that is where you bleed air from the cooling system, sencond thing is after bleeding the air, check the weep hole on the water pump, is it leaking fulid?

mine was leaking just a drop or 2 and that proved it was bad and it was a PIA to replace but that might be what you have to do , replace the water pump

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

ok i will check on that... i think my dad replaced the water pump a while ago... keep in mind this car has been sitting for the last 9 years... so i pretty much have to fix like everything. i hope its not the water pump but i will check. thx for the help

1987 HONDA CIVIC

(1) Pioneer Head Unit

(1) Kicker KX650.4

(2) Alpine Type E's

(4) MA Audio MA80XE's

sonypspowneryt6.png

hondaownercd0.jpg

gtaplayervz7.gif

bassaddictpm4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

or your fan might not be coming on.

if thats the case just run a toggle switch.

its a mutha fucka though when you forget to turn it off.

battery is gone.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

lol... yah i think i figured out what the problem is... i think i blew the head gasket. So ive got to tear it apart. Im thinking about just taking it to a mechanic, just to make sure its done right. What do u think?

1987 HONDA CIVIC

(1) Pioneer Head Unit

(1) Kicker KX650.4

(2) Alpine Type E's

(4) MA Audio MA80XE's

sonypspowneryt6.png

hondaownercd0.jpg

gtaplayervz7.gif

bassaddictpm4.jpg

lol... yah i think i figured out what the problem is... i think i blew the head gasket. So ive got to tear it apart. Im thinking about just taking it to a mechanic, just to make sure its done right. What do u think?

How are you around cars. Head Gaskets on hondas are not hard to change. Probably 4 hrs for a rookie mechanic with instructions.

Also you leakin oil?

Edited by talentfinder36

Mark

99 Eclipse Spyder

yah, ive been all around in that car, fixed a bunch of stuff, so i dont think it will be that hard. I dont think im leaking oil, just coolant... but that probably means im leaking oil too though. so you think a mechanic should take like 4 hours? then maybe i might go that route, since it will only take that long for him, it wont cost that much.

1987 HONDA CIVIC

(1) Pioneer Head Unit

(1) Kicker KX650.4

(2) Alpine Type E's

(4) MA Audio MA80XE's

sonypspowneryt6.png

hondaownercd0.jpg

gtaplayervz7.gif

bassaddictpm4.jpg

4 hours at 70 bucks an hour at some joints. i say do it yourself, gaskets are not that hard to do. i would first make sure there is no air in the system, and if there is get all the air out of the system.

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

they will butt rape you for a head gasket, might take only 4-6 hrs do it yourself, but there going to charge you via manual charges, and then double carge on parts, i would do it yourself if you have a tourqe wrench and basic hand tools

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

If it has been sitting for 9yrs I would take it to get the engine block flushed out. It probably has some pretty heavy sediment/deposits in it and could definatley cause it to overheat. Inproper coolent flow = overheating.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg