Bigsunni

Dual 18 inch ported subwoofer box custom made on a Buget

30 posts in this topic

I got bored 1 day & decided to build a new box for my truck. The build lasted two days & now just testing the sound quality before I glue/paint it. Looking for opinions or sponsors to support my habit of being Bass Junkie lol

Box? I see no box :peepwall:

Also just realised... LOL at sponsors...

Edited by Emmet

I'm trying to post the pics of my new box

upload to photobucket or tinypic, and post the IMG code

This is a vid of my truck making a lil noise.

i still havent seen a box or heard any bass lol

Thats because they're distance tests for mids/highs... OP, upload to any pic website like photobucket or imageshack, just open the photo, right click, hit copy image url, then where you see the little picture symbol on the taskbar on here, click that, paste it in and you should be good to go :good:

i knew why i didnt hear any bass but thats what this thread is about hence y i mentioned it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bassaddiction
      just got 2x v1 re sex 12s thinking about doing a 4th order box or regular slotted box
      im going to power them on a aq2200.(i know there rated 600rms)
      thinking box tuning 32 ish hz since there fs is 25hz
      going in back of a 4 door pickup so max 30 deep 48 across 40 high 
      any input on is great thanks

theses are subs spec
      https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27312_RE-Audio-SEX12D4.html
      Subwoofer Series SEX (RE Audio) Subwoofer Size 12" RMS Power Handling 600 watts Voice Coil(s) Dual Impedance (Per Voice Coil) 4 ohms Voice Coil Diameter 3" Sensitivity 86.1 dB Xmax (millimeters) 18 mm Subwoofer Design Round / Circle Main Cone Color Black Woofer Composition Dual Composite 2-Piece Cone Woofer Surround Rubatek Foam Magnet Structure Triple Stacked Subwoofer Grille No Re-Cone Kit Available No Recommended Enclosure Specifications
      Recommended Enclosure Type Ported / Vented
      Sealed Minimum Sealed Box Volume 0.75 cubic feet Maximum Sealed Box Volume 1.0 cubic feet Minimum Ported Box Volume 1.5 cubic feet Maximum Ported Box Volume 2.0 cubic feet Top-Mount Depth 7" Cutout Diameter 11-1/4" Shallow Mount Installation No Electromechanical Parameters
      Free-Air Resonance (Fs) 25.1 Hz Equivalent Compliance (Vas) 72.9 liters Total Speaker Q Value (Qts) 0.44 Electrical Q Value (Qes) 0.49 Electrical Resistance of Voice Coil (Re) 2.8 ohms Mechanical Q Value (Qms) 4.5 Efficiency Bandwidth Product (EBP) 51.22
    • By DLHgn
      Hey guys, so I got bored tonight and decided to get this sub I have laying around playing in a goofy temporary box until I actually build the QWTL for it. I've turned the cardboard box it came in into a subwoofer enclosure. I need to do some testing and tweaking to get it sounding a bit better but it's actually turning out to be better than I expected. Currently it's net volume is roughly .32 ft3. I'm experimenting with a port but need to add some more volume in order to get it to have any decent output with the port. The driver I'm using is the Dayton Audio Classic 10" 4ohm SVC (https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dcs255-4-10-classic-subwoofer-4-ohm--295-202#lblProductQ&A). I've taken some pictures along the way but I don't feel like uploading them tonight so hopefully I'll get around to it tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow I can find a way to increase the volume of the box as well as add some more bracing. 
      Disclaimer: Before anyone says it, I know that this isn't an optimal or even really usable enclosure. This is purely for fun and laughs. I do not recommend anyone trying this seriously as it will probably result in damage to equipment. I'm not putting a whole lot of power to this and am watching it pretty closely. 
    • By JeffNeal88
      Looking to build ported enclosure for 2 skar audio ddx 15 dual 4 ohm on an rp 1500.1. Looking for subs up port back. Available space is H=22 W=44.5 D=22 trying to get between 34-36 Htz. Any design help would be greatly appreciated ive been trying to figure out something and my brain is just not working lol
    • By SQL_Fanatic
      What is your all time favorite "SQL" sub ever made?  Subs with outstanding SQ but also get LOUD and hit DEEP?
      What is your favorite, past or present, and why?

• By SoundofLife
      Right now I have a T3 components in the doors, T1652s in the rear (T400-4 amp) and 2 P212s (R5001xd 619 @ 1 ohm birthsheet). Ive been looking all over for an upgrade, first I thought maybe T015s and a T1500 amp. That set up would've costed me 3500 and it would've just been a big ass box in my sedan's trunk, likely not what the subwoofers really want or need. I then bought some 12s HDC3s and I sold them to someone else after being convinced the same thing. I started looking into DD and the size of their boxes are crazy big (and I do not want one subwoofer). So now I'm looking at having four P3D410s in a "show build" powered by 2 prime 1200s. With that said, I'd have more than double the cone area and more than double the power (does this mean I'll increase by 6 decibels?) 

What do you think of the build in question? Will I be impressed? Should I get a box for this or should I let them just make this "show build"? Meaning they'd want me to appear at shows to show off their work. I'll answer all questions! Links to videos of your own 10s would be acceptable as well. 
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 1 Anonymous, 1,158 Guests (See full list)