Second Skin Audio

aero port quick help

P4killer_

Im running a 6" port and its around 3" away from the wall atm.. what are the negative side effects of this?

I will likely shorten the tube therefore raising the tuning which brings me to my next question

How far below tuning is tooo much I know people tuned at 36 playing 28hz .. isn't that terrible on the sub?

In order to get far enough away from the wall the tuning will come.up to 36 or so and.I like to listen to a few songs at 30.and 32 but am concerned about mechanical failure..

Sub is a ns 15 v2 SPL coil d1 on a.crescendo 2k @.5 obvi

Thanks

Also a bonus question lol

When using calculators they often ask for Vb I have always wondered is that before or after displacement of the sub...

.2 cubes of displacement actually less won't affect tuning either way that much but I've always wondered that and the people I know dont know lol

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

right now ive got two four inch aero's about 2.5 inches away from the side and it helps my sub dig lower without unloading and losing control of the cone, depending on your vehicle depends on how far to load your enclosure. vb is after you subtract sub and bracing displacement.

Yea obviously I could run external.. but atm that isn't an option due to space restrictions. And 2.5 inches for a 4" port isnot the same as 2.5 inches for a 6" port I think.

Anyone else?

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Yea obviously I could run external.. but atm that isn't an option due to space restrictions. And 2.5 inches for a 4" port isnot the same as 2.5 inches for a 6" port I think.

Anyone else?

You can also place an elbow, very easy to do an 100% effective, to avoid overexcusion tune properly and use a subsonic filter.

Yea.. an elbow that's a good idea.. does home depot sell six inch elbows??? Not a bad idear.. thanks

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Also as far as tuning and filter yea I got all that , that goes w.o saying. I just never used an aero port.. so I was confused about a few things..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Archived