Replacing DVD touch screen glass??

My rear view mirror shook off my windshield, hit my shifter and flipped into my DVD player breaking the screen. Anyone know where i might be able to find a replacement glass? the LCD display is fine, but its just the glass that broke. It is a JVC KW-AVX640 with a 6.1" screen. The glass had a 7711 on the bottom. Any help would be great. Thanks.

cc018414.jpg

Edited by herbykw

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

Does the screen still work? Like the touch screen part? You might be able to replace the digitizer glass but not sure if they even make one for that particular screen you can buy. Probably be best to send it in and see if the manufacturer can fix it for you.

The manufacturer quoted me $220 for parts, $130 for labor plus shipping. Which is way more then I payed for the deck.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

The quote I got on my Pioneer 4100 was higher than the price of my AVH-P3200 I bought. That was just for the glass not the LCD. The rep I spoke with sad it may end up in the 4-600 range. Hope you get some info and get it fixed.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

220 for parts?? That's kinda pricey IMO. Hmm, have you tried taking it apart to see what the screen manufacturer is? Might be kinda hard to source that digitizer cause they are usualy made specific for the product.

If you are savvy im sure you can get a source for the glass.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I just talked to the JVC repair people again. Since now I know it's just the glass they said they can send it to me and I do the work for $85.26. Which is much more realistic. But the part is on back order till may. They must have quoted me for replacing the LCD display the first time.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

I just talked to the JVC repair people again. Since now I know it's just the glass they said they can send it to me and I do the work for $85.26. Which is much more realistic. But the part is on back order till may. They must have quoted me for replacing the LCD display the first time.

Yea that sounds about right.