Is my new Ctek 7002 working properly?

35 Minutes later I just went and checked it's at 12.9V

I will check again in another half hour. If it goes back down to 12.6V by tomorrow then I'm going to charge it back fully again and disconnect it from my car to see if there is something causing the drain.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Your battery shouldn't be dropping that fast though. $10 says (insert carrier here) did this to your batt

Yeah I think you're right. I checked the Voltage on my XS XP3000 that's been sitting in my office ever since I've received it and it read 12.7V (I think it was at 12.8V when I first got it, i'll have to check my old posts for the #'s).

I just went and checked my XS D2400 again and it read 12.8V

Edit: wow my XP3000 never dropped a single voltage. I got it at 12.7 and it's still at 12.7V.

I'm charging my XP3000 now @ 14V

http://www.down4sound.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364

I've also read this thread:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/34694-getting-that-resting-voltage-up/page__st__20

From what I see, I should charge the battery on float mode for a week so that the battery learns to stay rested at a higher voltage?

But someone above brought to my attention that the battery should not drop that fast.

What to do?

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs