Sonic Electronix

good to know about the sizes. and the reason about the relays was doesnt putting a second battery directly tied to the main one just strain the alt? even with the big 3?

Won't hurt it that bad. Don't need relays.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

good to know about the sizes. and the reason about the relays was doesnt putting a second battery directly tied to the main one just strain the alt? even with the big 3?

another battery adds an extra like 10 amps of load to your alt. thats the equivalent of having the rear defrost on.

edit: do the big 3 first. you shouldn't even need a battery for 200w, let alone 1000. once you start getting past like 1500-2000 then i would start considering it

Edited by Kranny

so a big amp sucking power from a stock system strains the alt more than an alt charging multiple batteries feeding the big amp. correct?

you're going to put a load on the alt no matter what the hell you do. i honestly wouldn't even worry about stressing the alt with a low power system like that.

no im not worried about it right now. but wanting to upgrade to around 1000rms is what i want to prepare my car for

you'll be fine. i have a 70 amp alt with a 1200w monoblock and 200w 4 channel and my voltage barely drops, if any.

edit: with just the big 3 and a 2 year old walcrap battery under the hood

Edited by Kranny

so essentially. the cheapest way no matter what to check all gains and clipping is a DD1. . .and the best upgrades would be the big 3 (being the cheapest) then a new battery, then a H.O. alt. Sub size does not effect the sound but more the volume, and its the box type and specs ans such that define whether its tight bassy and whatnot. an with simple upgrades like big 3 and battery, any car should be able to handle quite a bit of power...