1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

Well, I was going to see about getting some work done today, but I'm in the middle of a roof replacement about 45 minutes away at my brothers house, and for some dumb reason I ended up leaving my saw up there with the rest of my tools. I have other hand tools but only one saw. My other saw I gave to Purplehaze on here. Oh well, I'll see if I can get the table saw out and do something with it. Maybe have to wait till next week, which will suck!

No excuses, get to work! :P

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

So last I left off, I had cut the bottom board of the enclosure. But in order to really get this thing off the ground I had to get the back wall done. That would allow me to get the whole thing built out of the box, instead of going back and checking measurements and this and that. SO, that's what I got accomplished today.

Problem was, I didn't exactly have the tools to do it. I'm doing a roofing job and my saw is up at the job which is 45 minutes away. So in order to not just waste the time I have, I decided to improvise! NOT ADVISED, but you can do it. Just not the safest way to do it.

Got out the ole trusty Ridigd portable table saw. Obviously some of it is easy to do, but it's the freehand cuts that become a little more dangerous! Oh and Grace my boxer out to help!

DSC06049.jpg

Ready to cut my piece. This was left over from the last time but it just needs a little trim to make it correct size.

DSC06050.jpg

My French Bull Dog peaking out to attack Grace before I get busy! Also, not safe!

DSC06051.jpg

See the little 5" slice in the back, that's what was cut off!

DSC06052.jpg

Nice!

DSC06053.jpg

Forgot to take pics of the next one but I had to free hand that one at 63 1/2". Within a 1/16" I think is ok at this point. I'll get it closer when I get more time and my skill saw.

DSC06054.jpg

Next I cut the angles freehand. These were a little rougher! But it will work!

DSC06055.jpg

Picture of the back wall and the bottom plate in the box just sitting there. Not a good pic. The picture is correct, but the box is on it's side.

DSC06058.jpg

view with the lid open

DSC06059.jpg

So that's about it. I redid the number on the updated version of Torres and it was a bit off. Made some adjustments and I'm back on track. Not much going at a time, matter of fact at this rate I may be done cutting pieces by Christmas! LOL! No really! But I have to make the best of the time I have.

That's it for tonight! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, I like where this is heading!

XL15's... :droolcup:

Wish I coulda stuffed those in my trunk. but I had to stick with 12's...

You have way more skillz at Google Sketchup than I do, I like the detail you're throwing at it.

That box is going to look sweet. :good:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived