1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

Ok so I've gotten the designs done, and I will be getting started on this box in the next couple weeks. I've decided to just jump into the sub enclosure instead of waiting. Although I only have 1 amp at the moment. Subs should be here in a week or so. But in the meantime, here are the designs.

Ported.

PortedTorres.jpg

Sealed

SealedTorres.jpg

Sub Baffles. I decided to go ahead and do a quad baffle. This was what I originally did, but this wasn't going to work cause the port will be in the way. You'll see in a minute.

Baffles.jpg

With the sides

OuterBaffles.jpg

Now the port! Here's where you see, the port is in the cutouts, so they had to be spread out a bit.

Port.jpg

Like this. I actually messed up on this design, cause I have the counter sunk baffle on the wrong side. You see it here, and it needs to be on the other side, which is the ported side, because the subs will be inverted. So it doesn't do me any good to have it on this side. So when I build it I'll change it then.

NewSubPlacement.jpg

Got some color in there. I decided that I wanted the inside of the box to continue wit the theme of the rest of the system which is a grey blue color (amps) and silver or white, and black as well. So that's how I got the color scheme.

Coloredfront.jpg

Colored.jpg

Then I put a top on it.

WithTop.jpg

A look through the port! I have a nice surprise for this! I just couldn't draw it in there right. Still learning Sketch up!

PortView.jpg

And finally the sexi plexi! This is what you'll see when you open the lid of the truck box.

WithTopandGlassback.jpg

And from the other side.

WithTopandGlass.jpg

So what I was thinking about for the sub amps was this. I'm not sure I can do it, but I'd love to be able to get those on the under side of the lid of the truck box. It would be soo sweet to be able to do it. I have the width, and the depth, but I don't think I have the height. My other issue would be ventilation. I don't see how I could possibly keep it cool in there. SO that may be a no go. Probably stick with the back wall.

So that's it for now. Once I get some money flowing in again in the next week or so, I'll get some wood and get this party started! Stay tuned!

Looks good! Can't wait to see you get it built!

One question, just wondering what made you change your mind, and decide to do 2 15's instead of 4 12's?

Anyway, I'm tuned in! :popcorn:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

I am definitely tuned in more than I already was! Looks like we are going to have a battle of the 2 DC 15s in a 4th order blowthrough! Haha. What are some of the box specs?

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

Looks good! Can't wait to see you get it built!

One question, just wondering what made you change your mind, and decide to do 2 15's instead of 4 12's?

Anyway, I'm tuned in! :popcorn:

There were some issues with trying to get the 4 12's in there in a 4th order. I really really don't want to cut the whole back wall out to do a straight ported, I just don't wanna loose the strength of the wall. So I'm trying to stick to a 4th order. With the 15's I have a little smaller enclosure than the 4 12's. Every time I turned around I was cutting some out of the design on the 12's cause of a latch here, or an angle there, or whatever. With this I have about 4 - 5" of play room between the back of the enclosure and the wall of the truck box. Allows for more room. I was also trying to get to 2.4 ported and 1.0 sealed per sub. Sealed I was fine, but the ported I was about .25-.3 short per sub. I just couldn't get to where I was supposed to per sub.

So that's pretty much why. I'm not going to be competing so it's not that great a deal, I just want musical and LOWWWWWWW! i have an idea of an amp rack, but I don't think I'll be able to pull it off. I was thinking the amps on a board behind the enclosure that could slide up to work on if needed, on HD rails. But I don't think I have the dept for it.

I am definitely tuned in more than I already was! Looks like we are going to have a battle of the 2 DC 15s in a 4th order blowthrough! Haha. What are some of the box specs?

3.0 per sub ported, 1.5 per sub sealed, and tuned to about 52 hz.

That is the about the size of box I was going to run, but I decided to go bigger so I could squeeze another 15 in if I wanted to, and still have perfect airspace. Mine is 2.5 per sub sealed, and 5 per sub ported after displacements. The reason why I did that is because when I get my 3rd one (if I decide to), I can just swap the baffle and be at 1.66 sealed and 3.33 ported after displacements.

I'm doing my tuning at 45 hz dead on, just because I have been told thats one of the best starting points. 52 hz might sound better in your truck than it would in mine, since mine is a single cab and yours is not lol. My truck tends to peak at higher frequencies. I had a box tuned to 33 hz and peaked at 47 hz haha.

376539_10151110560111955_908940325_n.jpg

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

I had many talks with CJ18 and he suggested to start at 52 hz and go down from there. I don't know anything about 4th's but he's pretty much the man, so I trust what he says. I just did up some Torres calcs, and chatted back and forth with him and he agreed on the numbers finally and I designed it up. I'm very anxious to get it started! I know it's gonna take some time to build so I wanna get going on it.

The 8's come out tonight, and get boxed up for the 10 that's going to be coming soon! Just got word yesterday that it's done already! WOOT!! But I am going to try and get a little vid of the 8's in action one more time tonight before then. These things get down! I had Ca$h out "Cashin' Out" on this morning and it was moving the side mirrors back and forth what seemed like 2 - 3 inches. I had young jeezey on yesterday and was even better. I can't even imagine what those 15's are gonna do in there, with the 10 up front too. Exciting things coming up!

CJ is the man when it comes to 4th orders. He told me to do the exact airspace that you are doing. I trust his word as well haha.

He's the man with lots of things! Have you seen his build!? Yea it's about to be COMPLETELY different! Great guy though, always seems willing to help, and I'm sure I've pushed the envelope at times. But he's never told me to kick rocks so I guess it can't be that bad! stand up guy though!

Archived