32 Hz

Just means you would need more power to make it as loud if it was tuned higher. but it plays music alot better at 32hz so its up to you.

banner2.jpghttp://www.DCSOUNDLAB.com/01 Chevy Silverado X-CabPioneer 4900 in Dash3 Stinger 2150'sIraggi 260 amp Alt.1/0 Stinger Wiring(2) DC lvl 5 18's(2) Hifonics Cyclops10 cu box tuned to 27hz

nope steves hoe and the hoopty are tuned to 30 and 32-34 (since its hard estimating hoopty's enclosure)

Also Steve is running 18s, a 12" sub has a higher natural Fs, wich means the sub will want to play louder at a higher Freq, Iam assuming 40hz would be best for that sub

But 18s tuned to 30hz, and 34hz like the Hoopty and the Hoe, your talking about large area cones that WANT to play 30hz and even lower

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

The Fs of the sub is about 40hz, to tune it any lower, honestly would be a waste due to the speakers ability to play efficiently below Fs

I would say 38hz would be about it , after break in period the sub will dropp a couple hz maybe from 40 down to about 38-37 hz, se keeping it around there would be about the lowest I would tune those 12s to

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

The Fs of the sub is about 40hz, to tune it any lower, honestly would be a waste due to the speakers ability to play efficiently below Fs

I would say 38hz would be about it , after break in period the sub will dropp a couple hz maybe from 40 down to about 38-37 hz, se keeping it around there would be about the lowest I would tune those 12s to

ya. i saw that on the fi site. i was just wondering if it was another number they were bieng conservative with like their RMS ratings. thanks.

610EUROs

didnt realize it was 12", this is directly from FI's forum at *** forevrbumpn

BTL 12 – Ported box we recommend using 1.75-2.5 cubic feet @ 30-35Hz (I personally think that a 32hz tuning is optimal, and has the most output and is still the most musical daily driving). Use 12-16 square inches of vent area per cubic foot of volume.

so tuning to 32 would not waste anything

so to answer ur first question fcsteve, scott the owner of FI believes 32Hz tuning is fine, if not great tuning

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg