Sundown Audio

Can you do this?

Can you bridge an amp @ 1 ohm, sorry im new to ohm loads and bridging

Amp: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23875_MB-Quart-ONX1.1500D.html

sub: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_37257_SPL-SPLW-152X.html

This is the amp i'm buying for shur.

I don't even think that amp is bridgeable.

___________________________________________________________________________________

-1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe-

-2 12'' Alpine Type R's-

-Sony xPlode Head Unit-

-Planet Audio AC2000.2 Amplifier-

Anarchy Series 2-Channel Amplifier

RMS Power Rating

2 ohms: 700 Watts x 2 chan.

Bridged, 4 ohms: 1400 watts x 1 chan.

___________________________________________________________________________________

its a monoblock amp...so i do not believe u can bridge it...ull still end up with a 1 ohm load (assuming u use both coils)

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

You don't even need to bridge it, if you only buy one sub, because its 1500wrms x 1chan. Unless you are buying two of those subs, then you'll need two of those amps.

-2 12'' Alpine Type R's-

-Sony xPlode Head Unit-

RMS Power Rating

You don't even need to bridge it, if you only buy one sub, because its 1500wrms x 1chan. Unless you are buying two of those subs, then you'll need two of those amps.

Im wireing it like this http://m.seimg.net/product/img/subwoofer_wiring/1_sub_DVC_2_ohm_mono_variation2.jpg

cuz its just one channel (ive never used one of these) but it says mono block, even if u hooked one "channel" to each coil, itll still be 1ohm, if u hook them both up to one coil, itll be 1ohm

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

It's a mono block and can't be bridged. The sub you linked is a dual 2ohm so you can wire it to the amp for a 1ohm load however.

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Bridging an amp is when you have 2 or more channels and your linking 2 channels together to be a single channel. Example: you have a front right and left output, but only use the positive from say the left and negative from the right. So that your using both the left and right channels as a single channel.

What you want to do with this sub and amp combo is done by wiring the coils to the amp in parallel. Follow the image above and connect the amps positive to the positive of the sub and then to the other coils positive. Do the same for the negative. Wire the amp to one coil and then to the other coil.

Since its a mono amp and only has one output channel this wouldn't be bridging. You'll still get the max output of the amp which is what you were trying to do.

pgsig.png

It's a mono block and can't be bridged. The sub you linked is a dual 2ohm so you can wire it to the amp for a 1ohm load however.

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Bridging an amp is when you have 2 or more channels and your linking 2 channels together to be a single channel. Example: you have a front right and left output, but only use the positive from say the left and negative from the right. So that your using both the left and right channels as a single channel.

What you want to do with this sub and amp combo is done by wiring the coils to the amp in parallel. Follow the image above and connect the amps positive to the positive of the sub and then to the other coils positive. Do the same for the negative. Wire the amp to one coil and then to the other coil.

Since its a mono amp and only has one output channel this wouldn't be bridging. You'll still get the max output of the amp which is what you were trying to do.

Couldn't have said it better. I got lazy lol. 4AM here. :pardon:

-2 12'' Alpine Type R's-

-Sony xPlode Head Unit-

RMS Power Rating