Sonic Electronix

the coil isnt burnt at all, i dont smell it and the most watts i had on it was around 750(i forget the exact number but those subs have a relatively high impedience rise)

Subs dont give you impedence rise.....

I have a feeling this was user error...

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Yeah only at that specific frequency. When only not in a box iirc. When in a ported box, impedance is highest when playing at box tuning. The box plays the biggest role in overall impedance rise. Not the sub lol

And you can't say that it has a relatively high imp rise or whatever. You have to measure it with clamp meters and shit. Otherwise you're just talking out of your ass.

Edited by Kranny

it has a slope that falls off slowly now the box will change where the slope is but it doesnt change the fact the the lowest impedience that i saw clamping that amp on a 1 ohm load was 2.5 ohms(which i call a relatively high impedience rise) so i wasnt pulling max power from a 1000 watt amp, and this sub is rated for 1000 watts rms so i was well below the threshold of the sub

Edited by jrchevy87

Like I said...if you switched a working sub from one amp to another amp then it all of a sudden stopped working, why the fuck would you think its the subs fault? Its gotta be the amp. Cause shittypipe sucks.

Yeah only at that specific frequency. When only not in a box iirc. When in a ported box, impedance is highest when playing at box tuning. The box plays the biggest role in overall impedance rise. Not the sub lol

And you can't say that it has a relatively high imp rise or whatever. You have to measure it with clamp meters and shit. Otherwise you're just talking out of your ass.

if you read my post right the first time you would see that i did clamp everything when it was on the zues amp but i did not get a chance to clamp it on the new amp dues to the fact that it smoked as soon as i turned it to half volume

Like I said...if you switched a working sub from one amp to another amp then it all of a sudden stopped working, why the fuck would you think its the subs fault? Its gotta be the amp. Cause shittypipe sucks.

so your telling me that shitty amp threw enough power at a sub in two seconds at half volume that it fried the coil, i highly doubt that, and if it could throw that much power then it obviously wouldnt be that shitty, thats what i dont get. now what sounds more beliveable that hooking up a not so good amp to a .2 ohm load will fry it instantly

Edited by jrchevy87

I think you are getting free air and box mixed up :)

Impedance is lowest as the box tuning point, but if the sub is free air - impedance is highest at it's Fs